Data Processing Notice
We are the Robert Walters Group, a group of companies ultimately owned by Robert Walters plc and trading under the name “Robert Walters” (“RW”). RW provides specialist consultancy services placing candidates on a permanent, contract and interim basis across a range of industries and geographies.
References to “we”, “us” and “our” are references to RW.
We write to inform you of our processing of your personal data. We may request that you provide us with personal data for us to provide our services to you and our clients. Please be advised that if you submit an application with us, you will be deemed to guarantee that all such personal data that you provide to us is complete and accurate.
Please be advised that:
- any failure to abide by the above could mean that we need to withdraw you as a candidate; and
- if you attempt to obtain employment or engagement by deception:
- you may incur civil and/or criminal liability; and
- we will likely immediately cancel your assignment or terminate your employment (as the case may be).
Review of the data provided. Our employees will review your job application before it is submitted to our client(s). As part of the review process, we, our clients or agents acting on our behalf may need to check the information you provided as part of your job application. We, our client or agents may:
- Contact your academic providers. Your academic institutions will likely require your approval to release details of your academic achievements to us, our clients or agents.
- Contact your current employer. Before contacting your employer, we will:
- ensure that you have resigned or terminated your employment with them (as the case may be); and
- ensure that we make you aware of our intention and have your consent to contact your employer.
In accordance with Article 14 of the UK-GDPR or EU GDPR, we inform you of the following:
1. The data controller of your personal data
The RW company that collected your personal data is typically the data controller of your personal data. If you are unsure who is the data controller of your personal data, please contact us using the contact details at the end of this Data Processing Information Form.
2. The purpose of the data processing
3. The legal basis for the data processing
4. The categories of personal data concerned
5. The recipients of your personal data
7. Data retention
8. Your rights
9. The source from which your personal data originated
We will always use your personal data fairly. We may on occasion use technological filters to sort through the job applications we receive and to match candidates to specific job vacancies. If we have used technological tools to a significant extent when assessing your job application, we will inform you of this. Please let us know when we contact you if you feel there are other factors that we should consider as part of your job application.
11. Contact details
If you have questions or comments about our privacy practices, or if you would like to submit a request exercising your privacy rights, please contact us. You can:
Email us at email@example.com
Contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO), Richard Harris, at DPO@robertwalters.com