DEPUTY COMPANY SECRETARY (MAT COVER)
£65,000 - £75,000 per annum
28 September 2018
To deliver an expert company secretarial service reporting to the Group Finance Director and Company Secretary. This is a broad role in a small team, providing governance advice to the Board of Directors, overseeing all aspects of Board support (meetings, minutes and governance), leading the preparation of governance sections of annual financial statements, management of the AGM and holding Group-wide responsibility for corporate and subsidiary governance. The role is highly visible and the ideal candidate would be experienced in the Boardroom and have the confidence to engage with the Board of Directors, senior management and external advisers on a daily basis.
Qualifications & Experience
Essential experience – Boardroom and Corporate
* Boardroom experience
* Confidence in engaging with senior management, Board members, key Board advisors and external stakeholders
* ACIS or equivalent; several years post-qualification experience in a listed company environment
* Understanding of UK Listing Rules, MAR, Companies Act 2006 and latest Corporate Governance Code update
* Understanding of stock exchange listing compliance requirements and continuing obligations
* Preparation of Annual Report and Accounts
* AGM management
* Ability to work effectively as part of a small team
Beneficial experience – Technical
* Share schemes administration
* Familiarity with GDPR
* Familiarity with Blueprint OneWorld or equivalent
* Board evaluation
COMPANY SECRETARY (INVESTMENT TRUSTS)
£80,000 - £100,000 per annum
City of London
28 September 2018
My client is one of the largest managers of London listed investment trust companies with a number onshore investment trust companies and 1 Jersey domiciled investment company.
This sits within a team dedicated to the management of its investment trust business including PR, sales and marketing as well as company secretarial, accounting oversight and administration.
Overview of the Role
This role is likely to suit someone who is a qualified Company Secretary with a long-term wish to build a career in a professional plc environment and wants to have personal responsibility for complying with the London listing requirements and who wants direct day to day contact with the non-executive directors. Good technical, administrative and organisational skills are required and the successful candidate will need to demonstrate enthusiasm and good inter-personal skills and reasonable numeracy. The role requires good oral and written communication skills and the ability to deal confidently and efficiently with client board directors both inside and outside of board meetings. The individual must be sensitive to the individual requirements of their two client boards and be prepared to be a good team player working with colleagues to deliver the most professional service for all client boards.
ASSISTANT COMPANY SECRETARY (BIRMINGHAM)
£50,000 - £65,000 per annum
24 September 2018
The Assistant Company Secretary Assistant will provide Company Secretarial support to the Group Company Secretary ensuring that the Group meets its statutory, listing and governance obligations.
* Maintain a watching brief on the number of trading, non-trading and dormant companies within the group, making recommendations as those that should be kept and supporting any programme of striking off/liquidation;
* Liaising with the Assistant Company Secretary to ensure Blueprint and Companies House are updated with any changes;
* Collecting and collating group-wide data for inclusion in the Annual Report’s CSR report and writing same; and
* Assist where necessary in writing the Annual and Interim Reports.
* Monitor and manage all subsidiary Intellectual Property (trademark and patent) applications and renewals ensuring that all group company trademark and patent information is maintained within Blueprint;
* Dealing with Intellectual Property & Domain name correspondence and liaising with relevant business units
* Maintain a register of all group-wide insurance policies, including UK, USA, France, India, China, Sweden and Thailand;
* Maintain a register of all claims lodged with Insurers, specifically in relation to employer liability and disease claims; and
* Maintain and monitor a register of company cars used within the group;
ASSISTANT COMPANY SECRETARY - FASHION + RETAIL
£50,000 - £60,000 per annum
City of London
21 September 2018
About the role:
In this role you will support the deputy Company Secretary on defining and refreshing the framework & systems that ensure that the company complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements.
What you’ll do:
* You will be someone who always keeps an eye on changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and takes action accordingly (liaising with external counsel, Companies House, HMRC and other regulatory authorities when necessary).
* You will have a broad remit, including but not limited to the following:
- Maintaining directors’ interests/related parties register and conflicts reporting,
- The ongoing maintenance of employee share option plans,
- Maintaining the register of shareholders and their queries,
- Preparing documentation for KYC requests and supporting the wider Finance & Legal teams on corporate projects,
- Accounts production and many other ad hoc matters.
COMPANY SECRETARY 2 DAYS A WEEK (BEDFORDSHIRE)
£350 - £400 per annum
14 September 2018
To deliver high standards of governance, maintaining probity across the Group and ensuring robust controls for compliance with legal, statutory and regulatory requirements to provide assurance to the Group.
* Manage and report on the annual compliance calendar
* Ensure all corporate returns and statutory filings are undertaken
* Lead on annual review of compliance with NHF Code of Governance
* Provision of annual statement and report on compliance with Governance and Financial Viability Standard
* Submission of Group Accounts and Annual Confirmation Statements to FCA
* Data Protection Officer / GDPR compliance
* Regular risk reporting on governance matters
* Ensure that Board and Committee member records are maintained; including agreements for services, share documentation, declarations of interest, fit and proper persons documentation, etc
* Review all governance related policies and procedures
* Manage and oversee the appointment and election of new Board Members together with their Induction programme
* Review of Terms of Reference and Standing Orders
* Act as general counsel and company secretary at Board and Executive meetings
Co-ordinate the Group’s Annual General Meetings
ASSISTANT COMPANY SECRETARY - BANKING
£50,000 - £65,000 per annum
City of London
24 August 2018
The job holder serves as, and is responsible for undertaking the role of contributing to the provision of company secretarial and corporate governance support to the bank and its subsidiaries, including compliance with the Companies Act 2006 and the rules of recognised exchanges and listing authorities.
Provide professional operational and business support to the Board Support Team. This will include providing organisational and administrative support and assistance for two specific Board Committees including Board Committee support related projects. The responsibilities will include records management expertise and advice, relationship management skills and proactive task management skills to the team. The team will look to you to support them in providing a seamless level of service to all stakeholders. To do this you will be required to work collaboratively, meticulously and efficiently, including ensuring the way we do things is always best in class and updating any working processes that could be improved.