Company Secretary Assistant (6 MONTHS)
£35000 - £40000 per annum
City of London
12 July 2017
To assist the Assistant Company Secretary in ensuring that appropriate legal and statutory compliance is maintained and that an efficient service is provided to the Board, Board Committees and the Executive Committee.
Company Secretary Assistant
£35000 - £45000 per annum
12 July 2017
Key knowledge and experience:
* Graduate in a relevant field and studying for a professional qualification.
* 1 – 3 years experience in a similar role.
* Expertise in all MS Office packages (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
* Fluent in both written and spoken English.
Company Secretary (FTSE 100)
£65000 - £75000 per annum
12 June 2017
* Providing company secretarial services to a range of Schroders investment trusts and management companies as agreed with the Head of Asset Management Secretariat.
* This includes organisation and support for at least four quarterly board meetings per entity and involves:
* agreeing agenda items;
* collating board packs;
* following up on action points and drafting accurate minutes;
* acting as point of contact for the board members and both internal and external advisers;
* providing advice and assistance to directors
* drafting and releasing RNS announcements;
* Advising the investment trust boards and Schroders management companies on governance matters to ensure that the corporate governance arrangements are appropriate and in line with Group practice;
* Co-ordinating and organising shareholder meetings for the investment trusts in conjunction with other internal departments, including monitoring proxy votes received;
* Arranging for the filing of documents with Companies House and other government bodies as necessary;
* Arranging for audit committee and board approval of annual and half year reports produced by the Schroders UK Fund Services team;
* Attending to requests for notarisation of documents, certified copies of registers and board resolutions;
* Ensuring compliance with relevant regulatory and statutory requirements;
* Arranging safekeeping of documents;
* Maintaining authorised signatories lists; and
* Providing support to other members of the Asset Management Secretariat team as required.
Deputy Company Secretary
£70000 - £80000 per annum
12 June 2017
* Assisting with board, committee and general meeting servicing, administration and producing minutes, including deputising for the Corporate Services Director as appropriate;
* Assisting with regulatory filings and returns;
* Liaising with company secretaries of foreign subsidiaries to ensure multi-jurisdictional compliance;
* Drafting minutes, resolutions, powers of attorney and other company secretarial documentation;
* Drafting and preparing agreements needed as part of the group holding structure such as intragroup loan and funding agreements and working with internal and external legal advisors;
* Maintaining statutory records for group companies;
* Company formations and assistance in simplifying complex group structure by internal and external sales, liquidating or striking off UK and foreign subsidiaries;
* Assisting in preparation of statutory accounts, including liaising with Auditors;
* Assisting with corporate governance matters, delegated authorities compliance, Companies Act compliance and compliance with the Groups financing obligations;
* Assisting the legal team with company secretarial and corporate law support and cross-functional ad-hoc project and transactional work;
* Assisting with website and intranet management, maintenance and administration, including updating the Group organisation charts
* Assisting with external communications, press releases and marketing matters, including ensuring consistency of corporate data and communications;
* Assisting with shareholder communication, including acting as a first point of contact for the Groups shareholders and ESOP members
* Administering insurance claims, policy management and annual renewal;
Managing the department workload including one full time Assistant Company Secretary and one part-time Assistant Company Secretary
Corporate Governance Manager & Head of Regulatory Affairs
£75000 - £90000 per annum
12 July 2017
* To act as a trusted adviser on regulatory and corporate governance issues.
* To oversee the provision of support, guidance and advice to on corporate governance activity and regulatory interactions.
* To manage the relationships with regulators, in multiple jurisdictions.
* To act as a key point of contact for global regulators and senior stakeholders.
To contribute to the Corporate Governance & Regulatory Affairs strategy
GROUP COMPANY SECRETARY (FTSE 250)
£100000 - £130000 per annum
12 July 2017
Purpose of the role:
To manage the Group Company Secretarial function and provide leadership in all of the department’s activities, which include: Board and Committee support, meetings support to the CEO and Executive Leadership Team, statutory and regulatory compliance, share schemes, investor relations, and maintaining the Company’s corporate responsibility profile. Reporting to the CFO with a dotted line to the Chairman.