Applying or nominating for an award
The application/nomination process is quick and easy, with a simple online form to complete. successful applicants will then be invited to an interview with an expert panel of industry judges with the winners and highly commended announced at the awards evening on Thursday 15th November 2018.
AWARD APPLICATION PROCESS
Step 1. Short online application/nomination form
An initial nomination/application consists of a maximum of 200 words why you should win the award. Apply directly or nominate a colleague/employee/friend before Friday 22nd June 2018. The initial application consists of a few short questions about the nominee's/applicant's role and why they deserve to win the award.
Step 2. Meeting with judges
If successful, applicants/nominees will be invited by a member of the Award Partners to join them for the second stage of the application process scheduled to take place from the week commencing 10th September.
This stage will involve an informal face-to-face meeting with the judging panel. The panel will consist of the Award Partners and an industry expert as a guest judge, who will discuss with you the application put forward, this will last approx 40-60 minutes.
Once dates for judging have been confirmed, the applicant/nominee will be sent pre-set questions that will structure the second stage interview.
The interview is judged by the four businesses and scored with the highest average winning the award. The second stage will be recorded and judged by our panel. All recordings are deleted once the scoring has been completed.
2017 guest judges were:
- Nicholas Winsor - Head of Transformation, HSBC Bank Plc
- Neil Smith - Finance Director, Gateley Plc
- Paul Anderson - Managing Director, Deutsche Bank
- Sharon Walton - Chief Operating Officer, GVA
- Adrian Cutler - Partner, Higgs & Sons
- Karen Ratcliffe - Finance Director, Veolia
- Chris Plant - UK Financial Controller, Ovivo UK Ltd
- Toby Porter - CEO, Acorns Children’s Hospice
- Daniel Ralph - Chief Financial Officer, Clamason Industries Ltd
- Tracey James - Chartered Accountant, Holder Blackthorn LLP
- Amy Burton - Associate Director, RSM UK
- Craig Edmundsen - Deputy Chief Executive (Finance and Resources), Black Country Living Museum
- Fiona Forster - Director, KPMG
- John Kelly - President, ICAEW Birmingham & West Midlands
Guest judges for the 2018 West Midlands Finance Awards are to be confirmed.
What is the criteria?
Each award category consists of a specific criteria against which all applications/nominations have been judged. The criteria and categories can be found here.
Who can apply?
The Awards are open to all finance professionals and businesses within the West Midlands area.