Manufacturing & Engineering: Sector Spotlight
Calculate the salaries for sought after manufacturing & engineering roles.
Developed to support employers looking to attract, retain and benchmark talent and professionals looking to find out their worth and plan their next career move, the enhanced 2020 Salary Survey unlocks a wealth of employment insight derived from the evalulation of over 100,000 roles and the views of over 9,000 UK employees.
The 2020 Salary Survey covers salary and employment trends in the North across the following manufacturing & engineering roles:
- Operations Director
- Factory/Plant Manager
- Engineering Manager
- Health and Safety Manager
- Production Manager
- CI Manager
- Quality Manager
- Process Engineer
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Automation Engineer
- ECI Engineer
33% of manufacturing & engineering professionals do not think their pay is an accurate reflection of the work they do.
40% of manufacturing & engineering professionals attempt to negotiate their salary when accepting a job offer.
50% of manufacturing & engineering professionals look for opportunities with flexi-hours.
- Males continue to dominate the profession, with only 21% of female representation in the sector
- Only 15% of managerial roles are performed by females
- Agile design
- Additive manufacturing
- 40% of manufacturing & engineering professionals lack opportunities to progress
- Over half would leave if their progression path was unclear