The West Midlands Tech Awards took place last week on Thursday 13 December, at the ICC Birmingham.
The ceremony is the only of its kind to celebrate the innovative use of digital technology by organisations, people and businesses who contribute to the region’s economy and community.
Robert Walters Technology was a proud sponsor of the Digital Investor of the Year category, in which the winners, Midven, demonstrated their track record of supporting and growing successful digital businesses in the West Midlands.
Midven have invested over £60 million into West Midlands SMEs over the past 25 years, making them the region’s leading investor for early-stage and growing businesses. Their recent appointment to manage a £35 million equity portion of the Midlands Engine Investment Fun as well as the launch of the firm's first Enterprise Investment Scheme fund, means they are continuously extending their reach.
Ahsan Iqbal, Director of Technology at Robert Walters said: “The West Midlands has been building a name for itself as a tech hub, and so awards such as these are an important way to recognise the ways in which individuals and businesses use digital innovation to transform and positively impact their organisations, communities, public services, as well as the life and culture of the city.
“We would like to congratulate all of those who were shortlisted for showing outstanding innovation and achievement, and we look forward to following their success.”
2018 winners included:
- Digital Business of the Year – Intouch Games
- Innovation in Manufacturing – Jaguar Land Rover; C.Brandauer & Co
- Innovation in Public Services - University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust
- Digital Young Person of the Year – Chris Meah, School of Code
- West Midlands Woman in Tech – Cerys Johnson, REPL Group
- Digital Startup of the Year – Supermeal
- Innovation in PropTech – Nimbus
- Innovation in Arts & Culture – Ludic Rooms
- eCommerce Site of the Year – Castle Fine Art
- Innovation in Education – Learning Labs
- Innovation in Medicine and Health – Professor Bob Stone, University of Birmingham
For further information please contact Ola.Skrzypczak@RobertWalters.com