Salary £40,000 - £45,000 per annum + Up to 70% holiday discount, staff travel
Consultant Nicole Johnson
Date posted 21 June 2022northern-home-counties treasury/treasury-accountant 2022-06-21 2022-07-21 accountancy Luton Bedfordshire GB GBP 40000 45000 45000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Job Title: Treasury Accountant (12-month FTC) Location: Luton, Bedfordshire (days per week work from home) Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 (plus an excellent benefits package including staff travel benefits)
Robert Walters are hiring a Treasury Accountant for a leading multinational airline group.
This is a 12-month fixed term contract position with the potential of being extended or being offered a permanent position at the end of the contract.
Based out of their Luton head office, this position supports flexible work arrangements and up to 4 days per week working from home. For those still studying this role also offers study support.
The role comes with a salary of circa £40,000 - £45,000 plus a great benefits package including a 5% pension, 25 days holiday, up to 70% holiday discount, staff travel benefits and other travel perks.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for an innovative, connected multinational airline in a supportive environment opening a vast range of career and progression possibilities to their employees. This role offers opportunity for personal development, providing you with supportive training and progression opportunities.
Reporting into the Group Cash Manager you will be responsible for supporting the financial control, analysis and reporting of foreign exchange impacts arising from commodity and FX hedging and all cash-related activities.
You will be responsible for delivering the month-end GL close within Treasury whilst also taking the lead in overseeing the integrity of the financial ledgers that support the Treasury function, working with multiple stakeholders across the business and external auditors.
• Overseeing integrity of financial ledgers supporting Treasury
• Reconciliation and analysis of key treasury related balance sheets, including exchange held in reserves at period end
• Reconciliation and analysis of FX related GL accounts in the P&L and balance sheet, including reconciliation of all mark to market positions at the period end.
• Analysis of mark to market figures and validation of month end journals provided by Group Treasury
• Analysis of foreign currency bank accounts by season
• Preparation of accurate fuel and FX orders for trading by Group Treasury
• Update and reconcile forecast and hedging changes using Essbase
• Provide analysis to Group Treasury to support hedge accounting status
• Develop the working relationship between UKI and Group Treasuries to improve the capture and reporting of hedging and forecast cash flow data.
- Part-qualified/ qualified (ACCA / CIMA) They are also happy to consider individuals qualified by experience who have a background in finance.
- Previous treasury experience is desired but not essential as full training will be provided
- Experience in medium to larger UK practice.
- Highly systems literate with the ability to assimilate relatively large volumes of complex data and to present in a clear and concise way
- Ability to partner with and influence a wide range of colleagues from other teams to resolve complex issues or to improve a process
- Able to design and implement new processes / process improvements
- Previous roles focusing on cash and cash flow reporting highly desirable but not essential
This position offers full training and study support for the right candidate.
Apply now to see the full job description and to find out more.