Treasury Accountant - Middle Office
Salary £45,000 - £55,000 per annum + 20% bonus
Consultant James Coxhill
Date posted 15 March 2019 2019-03-152019-05-14 travel-and-tourism Luton Bedfordshire GB GBP 45000 55000 55000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Treasury Accountant (Risk and Controls) - Leisure Company - Luton - £45k-£55k + 20% bonus and excellent benefits
Robert Walters are hiring for a Treasury Accountant – Middle Office for a leading blue-chip travel company based in Luton.
Working as part of a highly-reputed treasury function, this newly-created position is primarily responsible for management of risks and maintenance of controls as well as varied treasury accounting work.
- To operate and perform all treasury related accounting, executed in line with the relevant accounting policies. Prepare and monitor treasury related budgets.
- Ensure the Treasury control environment stays strong and report on all breaches and performance of the team.
- Build and maintain appropriate internal and external relationships, in particular with external system providers.
- Bring forward and recommend changes to current processes and systems to improve controls and productivity.
- Perform treasury accounting (valuations, hedge accounting, accruals etc)
- Prepare and monitor treasury related budgets
- Support on Credit Rating analysis
- Raise and manage all PO’s for the wider treasury team
- Prepare reporting an all of treasury activities for senior management
- Support the treasury Audit process
- Ensure system maintenance on all treasury related systems (TMS, dealing platforms and payment systems)
- Keep the treasury Risk And Controls Matrix (RACM) up to date
- Look to make controls system generated where possible
- Maintain good working relationships with our key system providers.
- Build strong and effective relationships with the front and back office teams as well as wider finance functions
- Ensure opportunities to streamline and improve processes/controls are identified and pursued
- Assisting on ad-hoc projects/tasks
Ideally the company are looking for someone with some experience in treasury accounting in some form, i.e. valuations, accruals; However this is not strictly necessary as they would consider someone who is interested in developing their treasury experience and perhaps moving out of a role in more general accounting.
The company are open to considering part-qualified or recently qualified individuals (ACA / ICAS / CIMA / ACCA) and would be happy to offer study support to someone looking to complete their qualification.
The successful candidate will be a strong communicator, with strong excel skills and will be expected to progress within the function in the future – As such it’s an excellent opportunity for someone in the local area looking to join a world-renowned business, gain new skills and further their career.
Salary will be in the region of £45,000 to £55,000 plus 20% bonus, excellent benefits package and study support.