Head of Financial Planning & Treasury
Salary £300 - £400 per day
Consultant Alex Cabezas
Date posted 28 November 2016
An excellent interim opportunity as Head of Financial Planning & Treasury, based in Watford, to shape the organisation's development pipeline.
Our client, based in Watford are seeking an interim Head of Financial Planning & Treasury to enable to the business to deliver its ambitious development pipeline and ensure that it operates within its own rules, the regulatory framework and complies with its requirements.
The successful candidate will play a full role in the wider management team and contribute to business development, improvement of services, achievement of high performance and targets and overall success and growth of business through the application of leadership, business and professional technical skills.
- Oversee and manage dynamic planning capability to guide and shape the development Pipeline
- Support the business moving to a more complex corporate structure (with active development subsidiaries and joint ventures) and ensuring appropriate planning is being undertaken at all levels
- Work with the Director of Finance and Treasury Advisors in devising funding strategies that meet the needs and plans, while minimising exposure to risk and the cost of funds.
- To work closely with other internal and external partners to ensure the Finance Directorate objectives and ambitions are met. This includes representing the Financial Planning and Treasury service at corporate, inter-departmental and external meetings and events and to deputise when required.
- Lead the planning and development of the long term Business Plan. Ensure it meets the organisation’s needs and is consistent with the objectives and is supported by effective financial performance indicators and monitoring systems including an analysis of key sensitivities.
- Preparation of cash flow forecasts, managing the cash and loan balances, ensuring adequate resourcing and skills.
- Manage the credit rating process (as applicable).
- Develop and maintain internal control processes which embrace best value policies and procedures and compliance with statutory and policy requirements, to provide effective control of assets and liabilities.
- Monitor performance and ensure that all covenants are met.
- As applicable, oversee the effective implementation of corporate policies, standards and procedures within the Business Planning and Treasury Service. This will include, but is not limited to Treasury Management, Asset Security and Finance policies and procedures.
- To keep up to date with, and understand changes to Financial Law as it pertains to the activities within the Business Planning and Treasury Service, ensuring that the Service’s activities meet legal requirements.
- Promote financial understanding.
- To keep abreast of good practices and innovation within the Finance sector and to lead on projects to research and implement good practice innovation within the service.
- To undertake specific project work on a timely basis as required.
- To attend Board and Committee meetings (evening meetings).
Candidate profile required:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or overseas equivalent) and holder of a Treasury management qualification (AMCT or equivalent)
- Experience of reporting to Boards and relevant Committees
- Substantial experience of financial planning within a business to guide Treasury strategy
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with other parts of the business
- Detailed understanding of negotiating banking facilities, capital markets debt and credit ratings
- Detailed understanding of derivative instruments
- Excellent Excel modelling skills
- Confident in using Microsoft products
- Confident in using business planning tools
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent numerical and verbal critical reasoning skills
- Adept at analysing and conveying understanding of numerical data
- Committed to high quality standards, and continuous improvement
- An understanding of the legal requirements of corporate bodies and regulatory requirements
The business offers a fast paced and competitive culture with strong succession planning opportunities, and this role has the potential to go permanent. You will have the opportunity to progress further within the role or alternatively in to the wider business. If you are interested in this position, and feel your skills match the above criteria, I’d like to hear from you. Please do send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org