Finance Manager - Treasury
Salary £55,000 - £65,000 per annum + 20%-30% bonus
Location Milton KeynesFULL_TIME
Consultant James Coxhill
Date posted 15 March 2019 2019-03-152019-05-14 retail Milton Keynes Buckinghamshire GB GBP 55000 65000 65000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Finance Manager, Treasury - Retail Company - Milton Keynes - Circa £55k-£65k + 20%-30% bonus
Robert Walters are hiring for a Finance Manager – Treasury for a leading international, blue-chip retail company based in Milton Keynes. This is a newly-created, permanent position.
The Finance Manager – Treasury will be tasked in supporting the Head of Treasury in managing the cash position of the group and for looking after all treasury activities, plus also working on finance project work.
The Finance Manager – Treasury will manage a Treasury Analyst and the team together will look after daily cash management and transactions as well as longer term financial modelling/forecasting, financial risk management and financial control.
Treasury operations and control
- Working with the Treasury Analyst, ensure bank mandates and online banking are up to date
- Ensure bank transactions are executed cost effectively
- Manage the relationship with the banks effectively
- Review of bank reconciliations
Cash and liquidity management
- Ensure appropriate cash levels are maintained across all operational bank accounts (sterling and foreign currency)
- Manage FX currency flows and determine optimum funding strategies
- Forecast cashflow positions taking into account borrowing needs and investment requirements
- Ensure key financial risks are addressed: interest rate, foreign exchange, commodity, with appropriate assessment
- Treasury Policy and Hedging documentation: develop and maintain should the Group look to hedge FX and interest
- Supervision of Treasury Analyst
- Ad hoc finance project work
The company are looking for a recently qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / ICAS / CIMA) looking to make the step forward in their career.
Prior experience in treasury or cash management would be beneficial but the company are happy to meet candidates coming from other areas e.g. audit/accounting as long as they have good interpersonal skills and an interest in getting involved in the cash and risk management side of a blue-chip company.
As such this is a great opportunity for someone moving straight from practice, or perhaps someone wanting to work for a larger business and develop their treasury experience. In depth training will be given as well as full study support to become a fully-qualified corporate treasurer.
Salary is likely to be in the region of £55,000 to £65,000 plus circa 20%-30% bonus and an excellent benefits package on top.