Head of Treasury
Consultant Lynley Hall
Date posted 20 February 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Robert Walters Treasury are partnering with Red Door Ventures (RDV) for a Head of Treasury search, with a key focus on debt issuance. The current turnover is around £1.5 million with capital investment over £1 billion. The business is owned by Newham Council as principal shareholder and funder but operates independently with a commercial growth agenda. There is the potential for substantial growth over the next few years through development and acquisition, as the company seeks to establish itself as a major build to rent company operating throughout Greater London. The business is now seeking to recruit a Head of Treasury to join the leadership team. This is driven by the need to raise £2bn debt externally within the next 18 months, and a further £600m per annum for the next four years.
The Head of Treasury will have ownership of providing funding guidance to the Chief Executive, the Board and the business.
• Arranging all debt financing for the company
• Creating and implementing treasury strategy including risk mitigation
• Obtaining the company’s credit rating and maintaining relationships with the rating agencies
• Creating an appropriate structure, procedures, systems and controls
• Forecasting cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment
• Maintaining and developing external relationships with banks and external advisors
• Using hedging to mitigate financial risks including interest rate, inflation and maturity profile
• Preparing and delivering presentations to investors/ratings agencies as required
• Providing ad-hoc treasury and risk management analysis as required
• Producing a monthly treasury report
• Loan covenant reporting
• Adhoc project work e.g. implementation of treasury management system
The successful applicant will possess a strong understanding of and extensive exposure to Debt Capital Markets, an awareness of risk management analysis and significant knowledge of the banking market and financial institutions in the UK. Solid corporate treasury experience and a proven track record of developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders and investors is vital.
• Direct report: Chief Executive
• Support to the Board
• Working closely with external advisers and banks
• At least 7 years PQE in a treasury role, with significant exposure to a debt environment, although all candidates will be considered on merit
• Knowledge of real estate and infrastructure funds and investment structures, preferably with exposure to both debt and equity investment strategies.
• ACT Qualified or equivalent
All third party cv's will be forwarded to Robert Walters.
Please get in toch on 0207 509 8435 or Lynley.Hall@robertwalters.com