Treasury Manager - German Speaking
Consultant Lynley Hall
Date posted 20 February 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Treasury Manager role has become available with a FTSE 250 property investment company with operations in the UK, Germany and France. The role will be based in the London office and has arisen due to rapid growth of the business. This role will report into the Group Treasurer and take ownership for sourcing and arranging debt for the German business as this is set to expand further. The position offers the opportunity to the right candidate to expand their corporate treasury knowledge and experience within a very successful and responsive organisation, and with direct exposure to the Company’s main board directors, particularly the CFO and CEO.
The successful candidate will ideally be AMCT qualified, and/or will have a banking background in corporate banking or debt capital markets. This role also requires the candidate to be able to work within a professional finance team liaising closely with senior managers in the commercial, tax and accounting functions.
Being fluent in both English and German is a key criterion for this role, coupled with experienced in/capable of leading the negotiation of debt transactions with German banks.
Funding and Financing
• Sourcing, negotiating, arranging and implementing financing for both new and existing investments
• Maintaining excellent relationships with lenders’ origination teams
Cash flow forecasting and reporting
• Maintaining the Group cash flow forecast, with weekly reporting to senior executives
• Ensuring forecasting consistency with medium-term group forecasts, liaising internally with asset managers and the financial planning and analysis manager
• Analysing and monitoring the budget for development schemes
• Defining the macro-economic parameters of the Group forecast
• Modelling investment scenarios and presenting their impact on cash flow
• Assisting the property team in finance structuring for acquisitions
• Preparing investment appraisals for potential acquisitions, disposals, financings and re-financings
• Optimizing the management of cash resources across the Group
• Supervising the working capital management of the Treasury Analyst
• Managing use of short-term credit facilities and investing any cash surplus, maintaining a relationship with money market counterparties and providers of short-term credit facilities
• Modelling and reporting the cash position, working capital, short-term credit facilities and money market transactions.
Foreign Exchange and Interest Rate Management
• Assisting the Group Treasurer in the analysis of exposures, and the formulation and implementation of hedging strategies
• Executing Money Market, FX and interest rate derivatives trades
• Ongoing monitoring and reporting of derivative trades, exposures before and after hedging and including valuation of transactions for annual and interim accounts
• Ensuring the accuracy and optimal use of the treasury management system (IT2) for all treasury operations and transactions, supervising work of the Treasury Analyst.
• Provide cover for other members of the treasury team.
• A graduate, with ideally AMCT qualification for candidates with a corporate treasury background. Strong interest in corporate treasury for candidates with a banking background.
• Bilingual English/German.
• Understanding of corporate treasury best practices and ability to implement changes reflecting these.
• Very good working knowledge of standard treasury instruments (loans, money market, FX and interest rate hedging) and the risks involved.
• High attention to detail
• Good team player and with the ability to build relationships across the Group
• Proactive with ability to act on own initiative
• Excellent working knowledge of Excel, including the ability to model and work with large complex spreadsheets incorporating functions, pivot tables, etc.
This is an exceptional role, with great exposure to debt management.
Apply today or call Lynley Hall on 0207 509 8435 or get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org.