Head of Treasury
Salary £50,000 - £70,000 per annum + car, bonus, pension
Consultant Christopher Lloyd
Date posted 11 October 2018 2018-10-112018-12-09 accountancy UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
This well-known & reputable business in Liverpool are looking for a Head of Treasury to join the organisation on a permanent full time basis, with a focus on complex cash management.
Working in a role that will offer key support for the CFO in providing a single point of contact for cash and ultimately responsible for cash management within the business your main responsibilities will include;
- A strong advocate for adherence to financial policies and procedures, maintaining financial and cash control and governance throughout the business.
- Work with the CFO and Director of Financial Control to ensure appropriate analysis and understanding of critical cash drivers.
- Day to day management (and formalisation) of all cash reporting cycles, to include;
- Preparation of daily, weekly and monthly reporting / information packs covering all aspects of cash for the Executive Board and Shareholders.
- Responsibility for all cash forecasting, including input to the Budget and tactical forecasting processes and ad-hoc cash flow modelling, including ‘what if’ scenarios.
- Understand and articulate to senior stakeholders the overall cash position and cash flow forecasts, plus the cash aspects of business decisions along with potential cash improvements.
- Identification and implementation of recommendations for improving cash flow over the short and long term.
- Pro-actively investigate variances in expected commercial performance, whether positive or negative, to identify root cause and pro-actively inform and, as necessary lead in taking corrective action.
- Recommendation and implementation of improvements to cash management processes, cash reporting and cash controls.
- Day to day management of transactional banking relationships.
- Liaison with other companies in the wider Group in areas of cash management, reporting and controls.
- Support in the development and delivery of relevant and timely periodic and ad-hoc reporting and analysis sufficient to enable the leadership team to understand commercial performance against key levers and KPIs.
- Build, lead and motivate a high performing treasury and cash management team
- Appraise business cases for investment and change from a cash perspective and in accordance with strategic direction
- Work closely and effectively with Finance Directors and the Head of Finance (Planning & Analysis) in developing operational strategic, annual and tactical plans and forecasts.
- Previous experience working in a Senior & Strategic Head of Treasury role, managing cashflow within a high volume business
- Educated to degree standard, ideally with a professional accounting qualification and/or treasury qualification.
- Commercial cash management experience essential, ideally in a low margin, multi-site environment.
- A good relationship builder, able to support and challenge colleagues from different functions in a constructive and effective manner.
- A self-starter with a strong attention to detail, uses knowledge and initiative to assess business risks and escalates issues promptly.
- Good overall treasury knowledge and previous experience of managing transactional banking relationships.
This is an excellent opportunity for any Head of Treasury or Treasury professional with a focus on cash management looking to join a business that can offer strategic influence within an established household name business.