Contract type: FULL_TIME
Salary: £100,000 - £150,000 per annum
Consultant: Joshka Van Der Walt
Job reference: 50985833/001
Date posted: 14 November 2023other information-technology/data-science-ai-research 2023-11-14 2024-01-13 it London GB GBP 100000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A SaaS provider offering a translation management system is on the search for a Staff Data Scientist/ML to help businesses streamline their localization processes. It provides a platform for managing translations of software, websites, mobile apps, and other digital content.
As a Staff Data Scientist/ML, you will:
• Develop NLP models that enhance machine translation accuracy on the platform.
• Work together with our product, engineering, and data teams to incorporate these models into our products and continuously improve them to provide the best possible experience for our users.
• Your efforts will have a direct positive effect on our customers, as they will benefit from improved automation, integration, and translation management tools.
You must have:
• 5+ years of Data Science experience with at least 2 years of experience working with NLP models.
• Familiarity with NLP and a fundamental understanding of using LLM and NLP libraries. Proficiency in operating within Hugging Face ecosystem and leveraging existing foundational models such as LLaMA 2.
• Experience utilizing various machine learning techniques and methods to address problems. Possess a solid understanding of model evaluation, which includes developing and selecting appropriate metrics.
• Understanding of how to structure machine learning pipelines. Familiarity with data preprocessing techniques and tools. Experience with data warehouse technologies (like Snowflake), SQL, and Python data processing libraries (e.g., Pandas, NumPy).
• Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities to contribute to data analysis and experimental evaluations. Attention to detail and an eagerness to learn from experimental results.
• Good communication skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
• Strong ownership with responsibility for your projects, anticipating issues, and proactively working to resolve them.
• Working on ML models with machine translation use cases is a plus.
Robert Walters Operations Limited is an employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates
Come join our global team of creative thinkers, problem solvers and game changers. We offer accelerated career progression, a dynamic culture and expert training.