Contract type: FULL_TIME
Salary: excellent bonus
Consultant: Benjamin Thrower
Job reference: 50984763/001
Date posted: 14 November 2023london tax/tax-operations 2023-11-14 2024-01-13 banking London London GB Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
This rapidly growing financial services group has recently added a global Prime Services business, and in order to support this new business line, the Group Tax team is seeking to recruit an Operational Taxes Manager to support and manage the Group’s various operational tax compliance and reporting obligations. The role will require working closely with Operations team to ensure the Group is able to meet its various operational and transactional taxes obligations on a timely basis.
Group Tax handles and administers the Group’s global tax reporting and compliance obligations. It ensures that the Group makes timely filing of all its global operational tax filings. Although part of the Group Tax function, the role is expected to be a collaborative role between Group Tax and the Operations team.
• Designing and implementing Operational Taxes compliance processes for the new Prime Services business, including a fully documented governance framework.
• Working with Group Tax, the Operations teams and external service providers to manage and coordinate the operational tax compliance processes for the group. To include the provision of appropriate training to colleagues to enable operational coverage during periods of absence.
• Liaising with external prime brokerage services providers on their tax requirements.
• Managing the QI/QDD withholding processes including NRA withholding and the annual 1099/1042 filings.
• Overseeing the QI/QDD periodic certifications.
• Managing the Group’s Financial Transactions Taxes compliance cycles to ensure timely payments and filings (French, Italian and Spanish Financial Transactions Taxes).
• Overseeing Stamp Duty and SDRT processes in the UK, Ireland and Hong Kong.
• Assisting with annual Automatic Exchange of Information filings including FATCA and CRS filings.
Skills and Experience
• Qualified accountant or CTA qualified, CPD training assistance is available.
• Experience of PeopleSoft/Oracle Accounting systems and OTP would be an advantage.
• Good knowledge of third party vendor options for the ongoing management of Group’s operational tax requirements.
• Directly relevant Operational Tax experience gained in Financial Services sector or large/medium sized practice background.
• Experience working in a regulated environment and knowledge of the risk and compliance requirements associated with this.
Robert Walters Operations Limited is an employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates
Come join our global team of creative thinkers, problem solvers and game changers. We offer accelerated career progression, a dynamic culture and expert training.