Senior Tax Analyst (R&D)
Salary £27,000 - £33,000 per annum
Consultant Dan Simmonite
Date posted 20 July 2022northern-west tax/tax-operations 2022-07-20 2022-09-18 accountancy cheshire Cheshire GB GBP 27000 33000 33000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A specialist R&D Tax Consultancy firm is looking to add a number of Tax Analysts to their growing team. This role is responsible for analysing the costs attributed to the R&D projects, the submission of the R&D reports and relevant other amendments required to ensure the R&D claims are processed in line with HMRC legislation and guidelines.
A specialist R&D Tax Consultancy firm is looking to add a number of Tax Analysts to their growing team.
This role is responsible for analysing the costs attributed to the R&D projects, the submission of the R&D reports and relevant other amendments required to ensure the R&D claims are processed in line with HMRC legislation and guidelines. Ensuring the client receives all benefit that is due and is obtained within HMRC guidelines and appropriate to the client’s expectations.
The Tax Analyst is the main source of R&D cost and finance knowledge for the function and rest of the RD Ops team and company. They are responsible for identifying areas of risk within their job role and suggesting appropriate resolutions and processes to ensure the appropriate level of due diligence is completed by the team. They are responsible for the development of junior Analysts throughout the process.
Additionally, responsible for ensuring that follow-on queries and processes surrounding the costs and submission are completed to create a smooth finance related process for the client.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Responsible for the creation and recording of training for new Analysts – this should be in line with HMRC legislation, company processes and the company values, as well as adapting for the individual’s needs and development level with the key aim that they are competent in all areas of the role.
- Excellent knowledge of the HMRC legislation and guidelines within which the company and role operates.
- Completing cost summaries and tax return submissions/amendments in a way which follows company processes, expectations and checks to maximise client benefit, accuracy and due diligence.
- As the main source of R&D cost and finance knowledge for the TAs and rest of the RD Ops team and company the STA will be required to create and conduct induction and specific training on the R&D cost and finance topics as per requests.
- Conducting and feeding back quality reviews to the TA and HORDO. Responsible for identifying necessary areas of strength or development within the quality reviews.
- Understands the company's objectives and priorities, and how own work fits into these.
- Able to communicate and instruct, effectively and accurately with the client and internal and external stakeholders regarding technical aspects of the claim related to the TA role to ensure the benefit from the claim is correct.
- Responsible for identifying any relevant process amendments that are required to ensure high levels of diligence within the process.
- Plans and organises tasks and workload effectively, taking a structured and methodical approach to achieving outcomes.
- The TA should work quickly to communicate any department or individual issues with other TAs (if appropriate) and management to ensure all the team is aware of the risk.
- Focuses on the outcomes to be achieved, working quickly and accurately and seeking guidance when appropriate.
- Working towards agreed daily, weekly and monthly individual/ team targets to meet the annual Company revenue target
- Involvement in project work to improve the client journey, client retention and technical upskilling related to the TA team.
- Providing guidance, support and assistance with handling complaints in the department with the TA and HORDO.
- Client visits will be required, on occasion where appropriate, as part of claim reviews and customer service meetings in line with commercial opportunities.
- Working with credit control and finance to establish accurate and timely processing of client billing, as well as communicating the basis of this to clients in an effective manner