Senior Tax Manager - Asset Servicing Client Support
Salary £90,000 - £110,000 per annum + competitive benefits
Consultant Jonny Morton
Date posted 13 September 2018 2018-09-132018-11-11 financial-services UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
The tax services team focuses on tax strategy, development & enhancement of tax services, tax risk management, market presence, client facing tax support and leveraging tax expertise across BNY Mellon Investment Services globally. The key component for this particular role is custody tax knowledge with a background in international tax services for asset management clients with complex fund ranges.
• This position will report to the Global Head of Client Tax Technical Solutions in the Investment Services division, primarily responsible for the provision of tax technical support to platinum clients located in EMEA and North America
• The individual will help develop a model to support our clients’ international tax servicing needs
• Monitor international tax developments across all markets in a global custody network and ensure solutions are customised to the particular client and fact pattern
• Monitor tax changes impacting fund servicing solutions – (e.g. UK tax changes affecting fund accounting and transfer agency as relevant)
• Work with clients to champion solutions, both internally and externally, facilitating discussion for decision making across multiple lines of business.
• Develop best practice approach and service model, identifying additional products and service opportunities
• Meet with tax authorities and governments, as necessary, to advocate workable solutions to tax relief models for these types of client
• Hold regular meetings with clients to review tax changes and where necessary work closely with the clients dedicated tax service provider/tax advisor
• Participate in relevant tax industry working group meetings as necessary
• Assisting the Global Tax Services team in ad-hoc projects as they arise from clients in relation to other global tax initiatives (e.g. BEPS, Common Reporting Standard, Financial Transaction Taxes, Investor Taxes, Capital Gain Taxes, etc).
• Extensive experience working within the asset servicing business with deep knowledge on domestic and foreign withholding taxes, tax relief systems, tax treaty analysis, capital gains and financial transaction taxes and fund accounting
• Particular emphasis on the application of global withholding tax systems to Funds (ETFs, UCITS, US funds, structured products), ideally obtained through significant experience at a global custodian or financial service provider
• Strong client focus, with proven experience of working with large asset managers
• Team player able to work across multiple lines of business with excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Strong analytical and managerial skills