US Tax – Interim up to £600 per day – FS Practice
Salary £400 - £600 per day
Consultant Mo Hanslod
Date posted 23 August 20192019-08-27 2019-09-22 banking London London GB GBP 400 600 600 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
We’re interested to hear from highly motivated individuals who are open to expanding their network and pursuing a medium to long-term career in US tax in London. We are looking for someone who will fit in well with an energetic and high-performing team, who has background in hedge funds and who has excellent client relationship skills.
This London based team of US-qualified tax professionals is a growing practice of 50+ individuals focused on providing exceptional client service to the asset management industry including hedge funds, debt funds, private equity funds and real estate funds and their management companies.
The role will primarily involve overseeing hedge fund US tax compliance engagements for clients with appropriate consideration of risk, operational, and tax technical issues. Researching US tax legislation and explaining the impact to asset management clients will be required as part of contributing to tax consulting projects. You will be working in a dynamic environment and you will be expected to coach junior staff members (both onshore and offshore) and share your knowledge and experience with the entire team. You will also be expected to coordinate multiple engagement teams’ schedules and deadlines.
Skills and attributes for success
- Proficiency in securities analysis for non-475 funds, including wash sales, straddles, debt, swaps, and other analysis required to compute a hedge fund’s taxable income.
- Practical understanding of hedge fund partnership allocations including an understanding of revaluation accounts and aggregation.
- Experience advising clients on the US tax impact of various trading strategies and fund structures, as well as US tax elections.
- Proficiency in juggling multiple priorities while managing internal and external stakeholders.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Current CPA, EA or equivalent qualification or Degree / Master’s degree in accounting or taxation (or equivalent).
- Knowledge of corporate and international tax returns and related US tax laws.
- Extensive experience in preparing and reviewing partnership tax returns and Schedules K-1.
- Practical experience with hedge fund securities analysis and allocations.
- In-depth knowledge of Go Systems tax preparation software or similar system.
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Robert Walters