Group VAT Manager
Salary £70,000 - £80,000 per annum + bonus and benefits
Consultant James Coxhill
Date posted 14 July 2022northern-home-counties tax/indirect-tax 2022-07-14 2022-09-12 accountancy Chelmsford Essex GB GBP 70000 80000 80000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Group VAT Manager - Essex - Listed Media Company - Circa £70k-£80k plus bonus and benefits package
Robert Walters are hiring for a Group VAT Manager for a leading media company based in Essex.
This is a permanent role, available on a full-time or part-time basis, paying circa £70k-£80k plus benefits package, with flexible working.
Working closely with the Finance Director, the Group VAT Manager is responsible for the VAT and Indirect Tax affairs of the group in the UK and globally across 30 different countries.
The role has a large team management element, directly managing 5 direct reports with another 2 dotted lines - So its an excellent opportunity for someone looking to grow their managerial experience or wanting to step up to a Head of VAT role.
In addition to the team management, this person will have overall responsibility for management of compliance, will provide regular advice to the business and partner with other departments, and will contribute to group tax / VAT project work.
People Management Responsibilities
· Oversee, motivate and manage your team
· People development to ensure the effectiveness of all staff within the department concentrating on both performance and soft skill development
· Planning and prioritising the work within the department ensuring resource management is considered
· Participate in Recruitment & Selection processes
· Provide assistance in identifying career development opportunities for direct reports
· Actively support a culture of team engagement
· Act as a role model to others
• Overall management of the VAT compliance for all legal entities in EMEA
• Review and submission of VAT returns in accordance with statutory deadlines.
• Oversight and reviewing of VAT Balance Sheet Reconciliations by set deadline, ensuring appropriate back up and issues resolved in a timely manner
• Oversight and reviewing of monthly EC Sales lists and Intrastat declarations
• Preparation and delivery of VAT training
• Advise on VAT compliance issues and VAT queries from the business
• Management of setting up new VAT registrations
• Managing relationships with external Tax Advisers on VAT submissions and queries
• Complete system testing for new VAT rule changes/projects
• Assist with the relevant project work where required (e.g acquisitions, divestments, restructuring etc)
The company is a leading international media and events company, with a global reputation as a leader in their field. They are well known for being a great place to work, with a fantastic culture, lots of flexibility and opportunities to progress and develop.
The company are looking for someone with good VAT knowledge (UK or International), and some prior managerial / supervisory experience. They are willing to consider candidates from practice or those with experience in similar in-house roles.
The role comes with a salary of circa £70k-£80k plus a great bonus and benefits package. The role is based in their Essex office but this person can also work from their London office and will have the ability to work from home 3/4 days per week.
A brilliant opportunity for someone looking for a senior in-house VAT / Indirect tax role that will develop your managerial experience - Ideal as a move towards a Head of VAT position.
Apply now to find out more and to review the full job description
Salary: £70,000 - £80,000 per annum + bonus and benefitsLocation: ChelmsfordDate posted: 12 August 2022Group VAT Manager - London / Essex - Listed Media Company - Circa £70k-£80k plus bonus and benefits package
Salary: £70,000 - £80,000 per annum + bonus and benefitsLocation: ChelmsfordDate posted: 02 August 2022Group VAT Manager - Essex - Listed Media Company - Circa £70k-£80k plus bonus and benefits package
Salary: £70,000 - £80,000 per annum + bonus and benefitsLocation: ChelmsfordDate posted: 08 July 2022Group VAT Manager - Essex - Listed Media Company - Circa £70k-£80k plus bonus and benefits package
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 per annumLocation: HoddesdonDate posted: 12 August 2022UK VAT Advisor - Part-time or Full-time - Engineering Business - Hoddesdon (Hertfordshire) - Circa £45k-£55k plus benefits package
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 per annumLocation: HoddesdonDate posted: 02 August 2022UK VAT Advisor - Part-time or Full-time - Engineering Business - Hoddesdon (Hertfordshire) - Circa £45k-£55k plus benefits package