European VAT Manager
Salary £65,000 - £75,000 per annum + 15% bonus
Consultant James Coxhill
Date posted 20 May 2022northern-home-counties tax/indirect-tax 2022-05-20 2022-07-19 accountancy Harlow Essex GB CM20 2BH GBP 65000 75000 75000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
European VAT Manager - FTSE 250 company - Herts/Essex border (with hybrid working) - Circa £65,000-£75,000 + 15% bonus and benefits
Robert Walters are hiring for a European VAT Manager for a leading FTSE 250 manufacturing business.
This is a permanent based on the Hertfordshire / Essex border (but with 2 days per week working from home).
Working closely with the Head of Finance, the European VAT Manager is tasked with looking after the company's VAT and indirect affairs in the UK and Europe.
Managing a team of 6, the VAT Manager will review and sign-off the compliance prepared by the team, but will focus their time on a mix of business partnering, project work, process improvement and finance transformation work, as well as leading on team management, staff retention and development, and recruitment.
- Review of all required European VAT returns prepared by SSC VAT Accountants , liaising with the Company’s external VAT compliance advisers to ensure all returns are submitted accurately and timely
- Measuring and managing the performance of the Company’s external indirect VAT compliance advisers;
- Oversee the VAT reporting, ensure VAT compliance, identify risk and minimising VAT liabilities and compliance issues;
- Provide Indirect Tax Advice to other functions within the business
- Ensure that all appropriate tax internal controls, procedures and reporting functionality are complied with
- Focus on process continuous improvement and identification of process and system enhancements and efficiencies
- Deliver Indirect Tax support/advice on various projects in Europe such as business acquisitions, supply chain changes, and other significant business changes with an Indirect Tax impact;
- Deliver VAT training for Commercial and Finance colleagues;
- Manage members of the VAT Compliance Team, ensuring all job descriptions, performance objectives, performance appraisals, and career development processes are completed;
- Proactively identify new or complex areas and work with key stakeholders and Tax team to identify and follow through on VAT risks and opportunities
- Support all projects requiring Indirect Tax input and support;
- Participating as required in the Finance Transformation programme, working with other Finance team members and the wider business to deliver our vision for Group Finance.
- Participation in M&A activity as required.
The company are looking for a VAT / Indirect Tax specialist with International or European experience with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
They are able to offer a salary of circa £65,000-£75,000 plus 15% bonus and a great benefits package.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants a broader indirect tax role, one that allows you to focus more on interesting areas such as advisory, project work and business partnering, and the large amount of direct reports would suit someone keen to progress to VAT Director / Head of Tax roles in the future.
Apply now to see the full job description and to find out more.
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annumLocation: BedfordDate posted: 04 July 2022Job Title: Tax Specialist (Permanent, Full-time) Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire (remote working available 2 days per week) Salary: Circa £50k - £60k (+ benefits)
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annumLocation: BedfordDate posted: 14 June 2022Job Title: Tax Specialist (Permanent, Full-time) Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire (remote working available 2 days per week) Salary: Circa £50k - £60k (+ benefits)
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annumLocation: LutonDate posted: 14 June 2022International VAT Manager - Aviation Company - Luton - Circa £50k-£60k plus benefits package
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 per annumLocation: HoddesdonDate posted: 13 June 2022UK VAT Advisor - Part-time or Full-time - Engineering Business - Hoddesdon (Hertfordshire) - Circa £45k-£55k plus benefits package
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annumLocation: BedfordDate posted: 07 June 2022Job Title: Tax Specialist (Permanent, Full-time) Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire (remote working available 2 days per week) Salary: Circa £50k - £60k (+ benefits)