Indirect Tax Accountant
Salary £50,000 - £57,000 per annum + bonus and benefits
Consultant James Coxhill
Date posted 20 May 2022northern-home-counties tax/indirect-tax 2022-05-20 2022-07-19 manufacturing-and-production Luton Bedfordshire GB LU1 3LG GBP 50000 57000 57000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
International Indirect Tax Accountant - Manufacturing Company - Luton - Circa £50,000-£57,000 plus 15% bonus and benefits package
Robert Walters are hiring for an International Indirect Tax Accountant for a leading global manufacturing company.
This is permanent full-time role based in their Luton office (but supporting remote / home working).
The Indirect Tax Accountant will support the Indirect Tax Manager on all the VAT and Indirect Tax affairs of the business in the EU and UK regions.
This will cover both VAT and customs and other indirect tax work.
Compared to many roles at this level, the position has a large amount of advisory / project work and business partnering, in addition to managing the Indirect Tax compliance.
- Prepare and analyse data to enable external consultants to compile and submit monthly and quarterly VAT and associated filings for a number of EU VAT returns
- Review the returns prepared by the external consultants and approve prior to submission.
- Manage the preparation and submission of UK VAT filings for the UK VAT group
- Review and approve other European VAT returns and payments
- Manage month end close procedures for VAT including journals, FX clearing, performance of any applicable SOX controls and running the VAT by Country report
- Maintain balance sheet reconciliations of relevant VAT accounts
- Prepare forecast and budget VAT balance sheet, cashflow, FX exposures and advisor fees.
- Key contact on VAT issues raised by plants and direct liaison with external advisors on such issues requiring technical support/guidance
- Assist external customers and suppliers with VAT implications of sales/purchases.
- Support VAT requirements arising from structural changes e.g. new plant builds and regulatory changes. This may include applications for new VAT registrations.
- Manage the process to recover input VAT on travel expenses and purchase cards, working with an external partner
- Manage and support other VAT issues and projects, with adhoc tasks as required.
The company are looking for a VAT or Indirect Tax specialist, ideally with a professional accounting or tax qualification (ACA / ACCA / ICAS / CTA).
International VAT/Indirect tax experience would be great, but they are happy to consider applicants just with UK VAT experience.
The role comes with a salary of circa £50,000-£57,000 plus 15% bonus and benefits package.
Apply now to find out more and to see the full job description.
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annumLocation: BedfordDate posted: 04 July 2022Job Title: Tax Specialist (Permanent, Full-time) Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire (remote working available 2 days per week) Salary: Circa £50k - £60k (+ benefits)
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annumLocation: BedfordDate posted: 14 June 2022Job Title: Tax Specialist (Permanent, Full-time) Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire (remote working available 2 days per week) Salary: Circa £50k - £60k (+ benefits)
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annumLocation: LutonDate posted: 14 June 2022International VAT Manager - Aviation Company - Luton - Circa £50k-£60k plus benefits package
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 per annumLocation: HoddesdonDate posted: 13 June 2022UK VAT Advisor - Part-time or Full-time - Engineering Business - Hoddesdon (Hertfordshire) - Circa £45k-£55k plus benefits package
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annumLocation: BedfordDate posted: 07 June 2022Job Title: Tax Specialist (Permanent, Full-time) Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire (remote working available 2 days per week) Salary: Circa £50k - £60k (+ benefits)