Senior VAT Compliance Manager
Salary £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
Consultant Nicole Johnson
Date posted 17 May 2022northern-home-counties tax/indirect-tax 2022-05-17 2022-07-16 admin-and-secretarial Luton Bedfordshire GB TELECOMMUTE GBP 50000 60000 60000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Job Title: Senior VAT Compliance Manager (Permanent, Full-time) Location: Luton, Bedfordshire (remote working available 4 days per week) Salary: 50k – 60k (plus a benefits package)
Robert Walters are hiring for a Senior VAT Compliance Manager for a multinational aviation services company.
This is a full-time permanent role. The role is based in their main office in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, with remote working available for 3 days per week.
The role comes with a salary of circa £50,000 to £60,000 plus a great benefits package.
The company are looking to hire a Senior VAT Manager who will take ownership of the UK and European (25+ countries) VAT and Indirect tax affairs.
In addition to the compliance management and reporting, the company are looking for someone happy to take on an increasing amount of project work, and someone capable of being a business partner and providing regular advice to the business on VAT and indirect tax issue.
- Manage VAT and excise duty compliance
- Handle VAT and excise duty related topics
- VAT reconciliations
- VAT analysis to budgets and forecasts
- Balance sheet reconciliation – developing and completing reconciliations to meet the needs of the business
- Quality checking VAT compliance
- Project management for improved VAT compliance
- System setup and ownership from a VAT perspective
- Liaison with external auditors regarding normal audits in general and potential tax audits in particular
VAT and Excise Duty
- Maintaining and developing adequate registration for VAT in 25+ countries, identifying possible new registrations as new contracts arise. Submitting and making payment for VAT returns within strict deadlines each month. Responsible for dealing with VAT and ED compliance issues. Owning and updating TS5/SAP and other systems with VAT rules and VAT rates as well as continuously checking they are correctly maintained.
- Be up to date on current VAT and excise duty regulations and changes to apply this in the business
- Investigating potential savings that can be made in VAT.
- Identifying and implement ways to improve efficiency in VAT compliance work.
- Be proactive within VAT and excise duty compliance and take appropriate initiative and action.
- Identify and mitigate VAT risks in the business set-up / calculate and manage VAT provisions as necessary
- Be VAT/ED speaking partner internally/externally for business related VAT/ED questions.
- Liaising with fiscal representatives, VAT advisors to ensure all VAT compliance is undertaken efficiently both in terms of cost and time.
- Preparing the calculations for Intrastat reporting. This includes liaising with suppliers and other departments in Gateretail to ensure all information is correct and complete.
Ad hoc work
- Supporting other team members at high pressure/work load times
You would be working for a multinational aviation services company in a varied international role; offering opportunity to get involved in business partnering and advisory and project work.
This is a fantastic new opportunity with remote working available four days a week providing excellent work/life balance alongside a great benefits package.
They are looking for a VAT/ indirect tax specialist who is ideally a qualified accountant or tax advisor (ACA / ACCA / ICAS / CTA) with relevant international VAT and indirect tax experience. SAP experience is preferred but it would also be advantageous to have experience working with foreign currencies.
Apply now to see the full job description and to find out more.
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annumLocation: BedfordDate posted: 14 June 2022Job Title: Tax Specialist (Permanent, Full-time) Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire (remote working available 2 days per week) Salary: Circa £50k - £60k (+ benefits)
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annumLocation: LutonDate posted: 14 June 2022International VAT Manager - Aviation Company - Luton - Circa £50k-£60k plus benefits package
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 per annumLocation: HoddesdonDate posted: 13 June 2022UK VAT Advisor - Part-time or Full-time - Engineering Business - Hoddesdon (Hertfordshire) - Circa £45k-£55k plus benefits package
Salary: £65,000 - £75,000 per annumLocation: AmpthillDate posted: 13 June 2022UK Tax Manager - Automotive Company - Ampthill, Bedforeshire (hybrid working) - Circa £65k-£75k plus benefits package
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annumLocation: BedfordDate posted: 07 June 2022Job Title: Tax Specialist (Permanent, Full-time) Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire (remote working available 2 days per week) Salary: Circa £50k - £60k (+ benefits)