Senior VAT Manager – 6 months up to £650 per day
Salary £500 - £650 per day
Consultant Mo Hanslod
Date posted 29 October 20192019-10-29 2019-11-28 accountancy London London GB GBP 500 650 650 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Market leading growth in a Big 4 Financial Services Indirect Tax (VAT) team has created an opportunity for a strong VAT accounting professional to join the team to strengthen the team’s capabilities in our compliance and technology solutions offering. You will be able to own and lead client deliverables, develop work on indirect tax compliance and technology offerings and work with the management and leadership team to further identify develop business opportunities. You will have the support of a strong team with proven expertise in this area and the opportunity to progress, learn and accelerate your career.
You will have the opportunity to work with clients in the Financial Services industry as part of a globally integrated network of specialists with high quality economics, tax authority, legal, and commercial and technology backgrounds. The work is technically challenging, creative and requires you to work closely with our clients’ businesses.
Your key responsibilities
As a VAT Senior Manager focused on our compliance and technology solutions, you will be responsible for the delivery of our compliance outsource service offering across FSO. As well as client delivery you will be involved in helping to grow our business and to define our go to market and solutions strategy. As a VAT controller on our outsourced accounts your responsibilities include:
- Act as central point of contact – liaise with your international clients and colleagues with respect to European VAT compliance
- Monitoring the quality of the indirect tax data and reports of your clients
- Review and approve indirect tax returns
- Follow up on legislative changes and business changes in order to ensure that the systems and/or processes are updated
- Identify issues and opportunities to continuously improve the VAT compliance processes
- Coordinate VAT compliance, advisory, technology, and audit support
- Coordinate with other VAT controllers and report to the client’s Process Owner at EY (senior manager or above)
- Supervise, coach and lead junior and senior team members
- Broaden the relationship network with existing clients and participate in commercial initiatives together with senior executives or partners
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with other sub-service lines and identify and facilitate cross-selling opportunities
- Proposing improvement possibilities to raise effectiveness and efficiency of the work processes.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Significant of relevant professional experience in EMEIA VAT compliance, either in industry or with other service providers
- Strong understanding of VAT accounting principles and processes
- Ability to run engagements and to lead a virtual team operating across jurisdictions
- Experience in the Financial Services Sector is beneficial but not required.
- Basic understanding of other compliance activities such as statutory accounting and corporate tax compliance.
- Basic understanding of IT-systems and VAT/GST reporting solutions
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod