Group VAT Accountant
Salary £35,000 - £50,000 per annum + bonus and benefits
Consultant James Coxhill
Date posted 19 September 20192019-09-24 2019-11-18 accountancy Colchester Essex GB CO3 3LP GBP 35000 50000 50000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Group VAT Accountant - Media Company - Colchester - £35k-£50k + bonus and benefits
Robert Walters are hiring for a Group VAT Accountant for a leading media company based in Colchester in Essex.
Reporting into the Group VAT Manager and managing 2 VAT Assistants, the Group VAT Accountant is responsible for the VAT and Indirect Tax affairs of the business in the UK and Europe.
The role is varied and comprises of 25% VAT return preparation, 25% review of VAT returns prepared by the VAT Assistants, 25% VAT projects and advisory work, and 25% team management and review of the VAT Assistants.
Review of VAT returns in accordance with statutory deadlines
• Review of VAT Balance Sheet Reconciliations by set deadline
• Review and submission of annual VAT returns
• Review of monthly EC Sales list and Intrastat declarations (EUSSC Only)
• Preparation of VAT returns (EUSSC Only)
• Advise other Teams within SSC on VAT issues and queries, offering support on invoice complexities and coding
• Assist with special projects within the department. Details include; Key Process testing, new processes & systems and Identify and assist with implementation of SSC wide projects introduced by Senior Mangers or GPO
• Assist with setting up new VAT registrations across the world
• Liaising with Tax Authorities on issues or audits
• Liaising with external Tax Advisers on VAT queries
• Assist with VAT due diligence and attend meetings on new acquisitions, divestments and business product changes
• Complete system testing for new VAT rule changes/projects
• Ensure systems are up to date for VAT rate changes, liaising with relevant system teams
• Assist with the management of other Group and adhoc VAT projects where required
• Prepare and provide VAT training where necessary to Tax & Compliance Team or other SSC teams / business
• Mentor other team members with VAT training and development
The company are a leading international media company with a fantastic reputation, well known to be one of the leading employers in the local area.
The company are looking to hire someone with good VAT knowledge - This could be either relating to UK VAT, or EU VAT, or both. This experience could have been gained either from a role in practice or from a role in industry.
The client is interested in talking to people who have worked in specialist VAT / Indirect tax roles, but they are also willing to consider applicants with VAT experience gained in wider roles who are happy to take on a dedicated VAT position.
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone who enjoys VAT work who is looking for a step-up, a greater work-life balance or perhaps looking to gain their first team-management experience - So apply now to find out more.