EMEA Senior VAT Accountant – £350pd
Salary £300 - £350 per day
Consultant Mo Hanslod
Date posted 10 July 20192019-07-10 2019-08-09 accountancy London London GB GBP 300 350 350 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This is a newly created role due to expansion of a global marketing firm. You will be responsible for the production Group’s European VAT returns, intrastat returns and ECSLs under 20 VAT registrations and working with advisors (apart from UK and Ireland) for the submission of these. Over the period of the contract, the successful candidate will be working with colleagues in India and training them to take over many of the aspects of this compliance work.
The Indian team are new to the role and so some technical and training support will also be necessary. In addition, the role will get involved with process improvements, documenting and maintaining, and responding to ad-hoc VAT queries from the business relating mainly to the movement of goods across borders. Both the EMEA Senior VAT Accountant and the EMEA VAT Manager report into the Group Tax and Treasury Director.
- Day to day responsibility for tracking all VAT filing dates in UK and EMEA either internally or via advisors’ portals.
- Preparation of VAT returns on monthly and quarterly basis, including pulling relevant VAT reports from different reporting systems and reviewing, coding and sorting the records.
- Working with Indian team to assist with the preparation and coding, and with advisors to submit the returns
- Preparation of reconciliations between VAT records and financial results
- Assisting with the training of Indian colleagues to take on the compliance responsibilities set out above and build on their VAT knowledge
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Full or partially qualified tax professional or accountant specialised in tax, with a sound knowledge of European indirect tax rules;
- Strong communication skills – both internally and externally in order to listen to and understand potentially complex VAT issues and explain those to lay persons;
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Robert Walters.