Salary £45,000 - £55,000 per annum
Consultant James Coxhill
Date posted 07 May 20192019-05-14 2019-07-06 retail Luton Bedfordshire GB GBP 45000 55000 55000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
VAT Manager - Retail Company - Luton - Circa £45k+£55k + benefits package
Robert Walters are hiring for a VAT Manager for a leading retail company based in Luton. This is a full-time permanent role.
The VAT Manager will be responsible for the company’s VAT and indirect tax affairs in the UK and across Europe.
Though the role is biased towards VAT and Indirect Tax compliance and reporting work, there will also be advisory and project-based work as well.
- Maintaining VAT registrations for 20+ European countries
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Excise duty returns and compliance
- VAT and indirect tax process improvement and risk management
- Support on systems improvement/modifications from a VAT/Indirect tax perspective
- Acting as main point of contact with HMRC and other tax authorities
- Business Partnering across the company with regard to tax and VAT issues
- Leading on VAT / Indirect tax projects; Providing input on indirect taxes with regard to group-wide finance projects
- General provision of advice to the company on VAT and indirect taxes
- Calculations for Intrastat reporting
- VAT reconciliations in support of month-end/quarter-end
- VAT analysis to support budgeting and forecasting process
The company are looking to hire an experienced VAT or Indirect Tax specialist who holds a professional tax or accounting qualifications (CTA / ADIT / AIIT / ACA / ACCA / ICAS)
The VAT Manager will have strong UK or European VAT compliance experience and will be willing to get involved in advisory/project work as well.
Experience in Excise Duty is preferred; European Language skills and/or experience in SAP would be a plus but is not required.
This is an excellent first-move into industry for someone in the Luton / Bedfordshire area who is working in the VAT or indirect tax department of a large accounting or consulting firm; However it would also suit someone with experience in a similar in-house VAT/Indirect tax position.
Salary for the VAT Manager is likely to be in the region of £45,000-£55,000 + bonus/benefits package dependent on the level of relevant experience.