Indirect Tax Senior Manager
Salary £75,000 - £90,000 per annum
Location City of London
Consultant Nick Hughes
Date posted 25 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
This highly successful global Bank, are currently looking for a Indirect Tax Senior Manager. Who will be responsible for the provision of VAT advice and ensuring that the bank meets its Indirect Tax obligations.
- Provide advice in relation to business transactions ensuring that VAT risk is appropriately managed in line with Group policies and standards
- Provide training to key business areas as required
- Provide adhoc support to other VAT team members where required
- Provide support in relation to reviewing VAT returns, as required.
Risk and Controls
- Conduct risk and control analysis for indirect tax processes and identify areas where controls can be enhanced
- Support periodic reviews and updates of key control and process documentation
- Support internal and external audits
- Implement/interpret strategic initiatives
- Assist in developing ideas, providing input and analysis to various VAT savings and mitigation initiatives
- Support practical implementation and follow up of any planning initiatives
- CTA (ATII), ACA, or relevant professional (e.g. Tax) qualification.
- At least 2 Years PQE of UK VAT experience in an advisory capacity
- Excellent business, communication/influencing, relationship/partnership and planning/control skills
- Ability to interpret complex issues
- Financial Sector Experience