Indirect Tax Manager
Salary £50000 - £65000 per annum
Consultant Shyamal Kanani
Date posted 30 September 2016
Following a recent re-structure within their Indirect Tax team, our client who are a Top 10 accountancy firm and instantly recognisable brand within the industry are looking to strengthen their team with the hire of an Indirect Tax Manager.
Following a recent re-structure within their Indirect Tax team, our client who are a Top 10 accountancy firm and instantly recognisable brand within the industry are looking to strengthen their team with the hire of an Indirect Tax Manager. The role will be based at the companies Manchester city centre offices. The business have an excellent reputation nationally and internationally, known for having a strong leadership team and a culture of developing senior staff from within.
Job duties / responsibilities
- Responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided, and maintaining regular contact with client
- Review of work prepared by more junior members of staff
- Liaise with HMRC
- To ensure assignments are completed within agreed budgets and keep client/Partner /Principle informed of overruns and plan staff assignments in order to give an appropriate spread of experience
- There will be an expectation that you will take full responsibility for project delivery on their portfolio
- Manage a portfolio of clients including control of billings and cash collection within the firms criteria
- Ensure the firm’s quality control procedures are adhered to including second partner review
- Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the Partner/Principle/ Senior Manager, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters
- You should be a minimum of ATT qualified, preferably ACA/CTA
- The role will have a primary focus around advisory work however, the business would like for you to have strong compliance experience and be a Indirect Tax specialist with a minimum of 5 years in a pure Indirect Tax position
- Have experience in supporting and developing colleagues around you
- We are happy to look at applicants in wither practice or industry as long as they can demonstrate their ability to work at this level
If you would like to apply to the Indirect Tax Manager position, please do so today.
If you have any questions pre-application, please do contact me on 07584 173 542 or at firstname.lastname@example.org Team: Accountancy / Finance - Commerce and Industry / Practice.