Employment Taxes Manager - In-house Banking
Salary £60,000 - £70,000 per annum + bonus & benefits
Location City of LondonFULL_TIME
Consultant Benjamin Thrower
Date posted 07 July 2022london tax/corporate-tax 2022-07-07 2022-09-05 banking City of London London GB GBP 60000 70000 70000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This global banking group with are recruiting an Employment Taxes Manager to take responsibility for managing employment taxes compliance across the UK & European region.
Responsible for managing Employment Taxes compliance across UK & Europe.
- Manage & govern employment tax risk across UK and Europe, through advice, compliance, risk management and process design.
- Ensure excellence in design and implementation of employment tax related products, policies and processes in UK & Europe.
- Advise and provide training to various process owners in UK & Europe on employment tax compliance requirements.
- Partner with Employment Tax Regional Leads to develop & implement a global set of tax risk and governance strategies for UK & Europe.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Acting as a subject matter expert on UK & Europe employment tax compliance.
- Providing employment tax advice and guidance to the business and functions, including payroll.
- Carry out employment taxes reviews across provinces to ensure employment tax compliance in each location within the region.
- Supporting the Group Employment Taxes team in dealing with regulators/tax authorities as and when required.
- Managing/overseeing technical employment taxes compliance processes.
- Designing, implementing & improving employment taxes processes where & when required.
- Pro-actively work to identify and address any potential tax related risk and control issues.
- Assist the Group Employment Taxes team in all aspects of employment taxes as required, including preparing papers and advice and contributing to the Group PRB agenda.
- Ad hoc duties as & when required.
- Manage the UK and German Tax compliance reporting – ensure that that the relevant reporting is carried out correctly and on time with help from the relevant teams.
- Preparation of the PAYE Settlement Agreement (PSA).
- Preparation of Forms P11Ds.
- Technical review of expenses on a quarterly basis.
- Assisting with the preparation of share returns (Form 42 and 34) and dealing with ad-hoc queries.
- Annual Short Term Business Visitors (Appendix 6 and 4 ) reporting.
- Assisting with ad hoc project such as cost savings initiatives, staff termination programs, remedying process/policy weaknesses.
- Assist the team to ensure that polices and processes are compliant with regulatory requirements including the annual review and update of POI/DOIs.
- Assist with reviewing and summarising the Quarterly Employment Taxes Governance templates for UK, Europe and Americas.
- Pro-actively work to ensure that statutory and internal employment tax deadlines are met.
- Ensure that all employment tax deliverables are checked, reconciled and appropriate audit trails are kept.
- Ensure that any employment taxes issues identified are escalated to Employment Taxes Specialist, Group PRB.
- Effective collaboration with Shared Services Centre, UK and European Payrolls, Group Tax, Group PRB and Finance in respect of Employment Tax issues.
- Work closely within the Employment Tax team on global tax compliance initiatives and processes.
- Build and maintain a partnership with Employment Tax Regional Leads to ensure a consistent and effective approach to employment tax risk management across to the Bank’s global footprint.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Proactively identify risks in processes, escalate these to Employment Taxes Specialist, Group PRB and raise in the appropriate risk forums.
- Ensure that operational processes have the appropriate controls in place to satisfy external regulation and internal policy requirements
Our Ideal Candidate
- CTA or ATT
Salary: £50,000 - £70,000 per annum + benefits & bonusLocation: City of LondonDate posted: 06 July 2022I am looking for a qualified or nearly-qualified Tax Accountant with corporate tax experience to provide a professional tax service to all Group companies in Europe. The role will sit within the UK based centralised tax team comprising eight full time tax professionals.