Group Tax Accountant
Salary £55,000 - £60,000 per annum + 10% bonus, great benefits
Consultant James Coxhill
Date posted 13 November 20192019-11-15 2020-01-12 human-resources-and-personnel Luton Bedfordshire GB LU1 3BA GBP 55000 60000 60000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Group Tax Accountant - Services Company - Luton - £55k-£60k + 10% bonus and great benefits package
Robert Walters are hiring for a Group Tax Accountant for a leading services business based in Luton at Capability Green. This is a permanent, full-time role - Though there is the ability to work from home 1 day per week as standard, and more on a ad-hoc basis when needed.
The position comes with a salary in the region of £55,000 to £60,000 plus 10% bonus and a great benefits package.
Working closely with the Head of Tax, the Group Tax Accountant will be tasked with a varied in-house tax role. Though focusing on corporate tax / direct tax work, this person will also get the chance to get involved in VAT and indirect tax work, as well as PAYE / employment tax work. The role contains a good mix of compliance/reporting and advisory/project work.
This role is to join the head office finance team of an AIM listed group, reporting to the Group Head of Tax. The required individual should hold an accounting qualification ideally gained through training with one of the Top Ten accountancy firms and/or an in-house multinational function.
The role requires solid UK corporate tax knowledge, extensive experience of preparing corporation tax computations and UK GAAP/IFRS accounting experience. A willingness to get involved in other taxes such as employment taxes and VAT is also key and an appreciation of international tax principles is welcome.
This is an ideal role for someone looking for their first in-house move, or for someone already in-house looking to move to a role within the area.
Responsibilities will include –
- Preparation of UK corporation tax computations (for approximately 40 companies).
- Preparation of year-end group tax numbers under IFRS for the consolidated accounts, including liaising with external auditors and overseas tax advisors.
- Preparation of tax numbers for UK GAAP accounts of the UK subsidiaries.
- Managing the group’s quarterly tax instalments payments.
- Assisting with the group’s SAO compliance work, including documentation and testing of processes and controls.
- Providing tax support to the UK businesses, the Group Legal Team and the Company Secretary, including corporate tax, VAT and employment taxes.
- Supporting with preparation with UK and Irish VAT returns and UK PAYE Settlement Agreement (PSA) if required.
- Monitoring the group’s position within the corporate interest restriction rules.
- Assisting with Country by Country Reporting requirements.
- Assisting the Group Head of Tax with planning projects, such as BEPS, acquisitions, HMRC enquiries and international tax issues.
The client is looking for a qualified or soon-to-qualify accountant or tax advisor (ACA / ACCA / ICAS / CTA). The successful candidate will have good UK corporate tax experience - Experience in indirect tax or employment tax would be great, but is not required.
The company is a well-reputed services business based in Luton and this sits within a small but highly influential in-house tax team - The culture there is supportive and friendly, and there is flexible working with the ability to work for home.
As such this is an excellent opportunity for someone in practice looking for their first in-house role, or for someone with prior industry experience looking for a new challenge or a role closer to home.
If this sounds like you then apply now to find out more and to see the job description.