Tax Manager - £600pd - 14 months
Salary £450 - £500 per day
Consultant Mo Hanslod
Date posted 28 October 20192019-10-28 2019-11-27 banking London London GB GBP 450 500 500 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Long term interim opportunity to manage the UK Tax position and risks of a European FS Group reporting to the UK Head of Tax. The responsibilities of UK tax manager are broad due to the varied business lines and business being part of a wider international group.
- Proactively advising and assisting all UK business lines in all tax related matters
- Ensuring that the UK operates within the Group’s tax risk appetite and that a
- transparent, open relationship is maintained with HMRC
- Ensuring compliance with all UK filing obligations across all direct and indirect taxes.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with Group Tax and UK business lines
- To ensure that the UK Tax function is trusted and respected by all internal and
- external stakeholders
- Undertaking UK tax compliance work in an efficient and timely manner across corporation tax, employment tax and stamp taxes in line with statutory requirements and Group risk management governance, policy and procedures
- Taking responsibility for monthly financial reporting of UK group entities’ tax figures
- Preparation of tax disclosures within UK financial statements and liaison with external auditors and colleagues in head office
- Management of companies’ tax positions in an optimal way, making tax elections as appropriate
- Participation in advising and assisting the businesses and supporting functions in all tax related matters as agreed with the UK Head of Tax
- Build relationships with UK businessess and strengthen business knowledge (banking and commercial finance)
- Ensure that the UK’s tax processes and procedures reflect changes to legislation, internal policy and changes to group
- ACA or CTA qualified tax professional with a minimum of 1-2 years PQE in financial services Required employment experience
- Knowledge of UK tax legislation and case law, (particularly corporation and employment tax)
- Practical experience of preparing corporation tax (preferred) and employment tax (PSA) returns
- Understanding of financial services products and tax matters associated with these and wider cross border activities including transfer pricing, thin cap, in-pat/ex-pat issues and WHT
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Robert Walters.