Tax Manager - Retail
Salary £50,000 - £65,000 per annum + 15% bonus, great benefits
Consultant James Coxhill
Date posted 10 October 20192019-10-10 2019-12-09 accountancy Rugby Warwickshire GB GBP 50000 65000 65000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Tax Manager - Retail Company - Rugby - £50k-£65k + 15% bonus and great benefits
Robert Walters are hiring for a Tax Manager for a leading retail company based near to Rugby, but easily commutable from Northampton, Leicester and Kettering - So a good opportunity for someone based in Northamptonshire, Warwickshire or the East Midlands.
The client is a leading, listed retail company who have a great reputation in the local area and who are known to be a great business to work for.
The Tax Manager will work closely with the Divisional Financial Controller and will be responsible for all the tax affairs that affect the division of the company in the UK and Ireland. The tax work is largely focused on corporate tax but also include some VAT/Indirect tax and employment tax work. There is a good mix of compliance, reporting, accounting, advisory and project work.
On top of the tax work, the Tax Manager will also have the opportunity to get involved in some treasury and cash-management work - No background/experience in treasury is needed as full training on this will be provided.
- Accountable for the Division’s UK and Irish corporation tax compliance cycle including iXBRL submissions and relevant tax claims and elections.
- Forecasting the Division’s effective tax rate and UK corporation tax payments.
- Accountable for managing the Division's other tax compliance responsibilities, such as the Division’s VAT returns cycle, CIS, Intrastat and Income tax returns.
- Accountable for the tax accounting for the consolidated division and individual statutory entities, including all tax disclosures for current tax and deferred tax.
- Cash flow forecasting (short and long-term).
- Improve cash flow modelling capabilities and setting cash flow targets for each business.
- Manage day-to-day treasury operations - transaction banking / foreign exchange transactions / deposits and drawdowns / branch cash confirmation.
- Improving the Division’s tax and treasury policies, processes and control environments.
- General tax advisory and planning work
- Ad hoc tax and treasury projects
The company is looking for a qualified individual ( ACA / ACCA / CTA / ICAS) with strong UK corporate tax experience - This could have been gained in either a practice or in-house environment.
Experience in treasury or in other areas of taxation would be beneficial but is not required.
As such this is a fantastic opportunity fora tax professional based in the Midlands/Warwickshire/Northamptonshire who is looking for a varied in-house tax role - If this is you then apply now to find out more.