Direct Tax Manager - Media
Salary £55,000 - £70,000 per annum + 10% bonus
Consultant James Coxhill
Date posted 01 October 20192019-10-07 2019-11-30 media Colchester Essex GB CO3 3LP GBP 55000 70000 70000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Direct Tax Manager - Media Company - Colchester - £55k-£70k + 10% bonus and benefits
Robert Walters are hiring for a Direct Tax Manager for a leading media company based in Colchester in Essex. This is a permanent role, on either a 5 day per week or a 4 day per week basis.
Reporting into the Head of Tax Compliance and managing a team of 4 Direct Tax Specialists, the Direct Tax Manager is responsible for the direct tax affairs of the company in the UK and in Europe.
The role is varied and includes work on both tax compliance/tax reporting and tax advisory/tax projects; On top of the tax technical work there is a good amount of team management work as well as work on process improvement.
- Oversee all Tax compliance in line with any recent updates or changes providing training or guidance where necessary across the business and Global Support as required
- Take an active role in key Global Support projects, initiatives, acquisitions or disposals that impact Tax
- Own the timely submission and agreement of UK & European Corporation Tax returns ensuring our tax affairs are wholly compliant
- Own key deliverables for Group and individual Statutory Accounts tax reporting
- Support colleagues by providing tax advice to businesses in relation to any questions they have arising from day to day trading or business projects covering Corporation tax and other taxes
- Continually look for improvements in the way the SSC Tax function operates
- Detailed risk analysis and reporting to facilitate the Senior Accounting Officer declaration
- Communicate and ensure your department complies with its overall delivery and quality performance metrics including our Group Tax strategy
- Work closely with and support peers, particularly the other Controllers within the department, helping to plan workloads and develop the team.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key Business Partners to build broader strategic planning
- Oversee, Motivate and manage your Tax team.
- People development to ensure the effectiveness of all staff within the department concentrating on both performance and soft skill development
- Planning and prioritising the work within the department ensuring resource management is considered
- Preparation and reporting of specific performance metrics within agreed deadlines
- Ensure a robust communication structure is in place across the team to ensure all key messages are communicated.
- Participate in Recruitment & Selection processes
- Provide assistance in identifying career development opportunities for direct reports
The client is looking for someone with strong UK corporate tax experience and someone who is either a qualified accountant or tax adviser (ACA / ACCA / ICAS / CTA)
The role comes with a salary in the region of £55,000 to £70,000 plus 10% bonus and a benefits package.
This is a rare opportunity for someone looking for a senior tax role in industry in the local area, and its a great role with a fantastic business - So an opportunity not to be missed.