Interim Head of Tax - Up to £100k -
Salary £95,000 - £100,000 per annum
Consultant Mo Hanslod
Date posted 30 September 20192019-10-07 2019-10-30 accountancy London London GB GBP 95000 100000 100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This is a long term contract role up to 15 months to work for a FTSE-250 listed Real Estate group. In this varied and challenging role you will be responsible for the tax function, dealing with all tax compliance, reporting, advisory, policy and planning matters for the Group.
- Responsible for the preparation and review of the quarterly, interim and year-end tax provision numbers and disclosures.
- Preparation of statutory tax disclosure notes and advise on tax accounting.
- Dealing with statutory auditors as necessary.
- Maintaining, protecting and improving the tax reporting schedules so as to ensure they function in the correct way and evolve with the changing tax legislation.
- Responsible for the preparation and review of tax forecasts to be included in group budgets and the corporate model.
- Responsible for the review and submission of all Group company and partnership tax computations and returns, prepared by the Tax Manager.
- Responsible for the review and submission of all Non-Resident Landlord Income tax computations and returns of the group’s overseas companies, prepared by the Tax Manager
- Responsible for dealing with responses to HMRC enquiries and information requests with regards to the above mentioned tax returns.
- Responsible for the preparation, review and submission of all Group's VAT returns, as well as overseeing compliance & providing advice for VAT across the groups individual businesses.
- Responsible for the preparation, review and submission of all Group's Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) returns, as well as overseeing compliance & providing CIS advice across the groups individual businesses.
- Monitoring the group’s transfer pricing requirements and corporate interest restriction calculations, ensuring the Group remains fully compliant on both.
- Preparation of UK SAO documentation for sign off by SAO.
- Lead liaison with HMRC on all Group tax matters.
- Managing the payments and repayments of all taxes including corporation tax, income tax, VAT, Stamp Duty/Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT), ATED, CIS and any other tax / withholding tax.
- Reviewing SDLT returns and dealing with all ad hoc queries on real estate transactions covering Income Tax, Corporation tax, VAT, CIS and SDLT.
- Providing input in developing, educating & training staff members (mainly within the Finance Function) on relevant tax topics.
- Keep up to date with changes in tax laws and ensure the Group remains fully compliant with both existing and new taxation legislation.
- Leading on ad hoc projects, tax projects and advising the Finance function and the wider business on all tax matters arising on transactions.
- Working closely with the Group’s advisors on all tax matters relating to transactions and managing the tax advisor relationships with a focus on costs control and translating / presenting advice to senior managers / executives within the business in a simple and concise manner.
- Representing the Group on the tax committee of the British Property Federation.
Preparing tax papers for the Board & presenting this to the Audit Committee.
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Robert Walters.