Tax Advisor – Up to 600pd -
Salary £500 - £600 per day
Location City of LondonCONTRACTOR
Consultant Mo Hanslod
Date posted 10 September 20192019-09-10 2019-10-10 accountancy City of London London GB GBP 500 600 600 DAY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
You will be involved in advising business units on tax issues relating to new transactions and products including the review of external tax advice. Your responsibilities will also include:
- advising business units on tax issues relating to new transactions and products (including review of external tax advice received, if any)
- providing tax advice on internal operations and transactions
- providing tax input into all application sign off procedures
- oversight of tax aspects of all legal documentation (e.g. share purchase agreements, tax deeds, ISDA, GMSLA, GMRA)
- monitoring changes in tax law especially in relation to investment banking activities and assessing impact on the business
- working on group tax projects relating to new legislation, corporate simplifications, thin capitalisation and recapitalisations etc.
- advising on tax implications of corporate actions such as restructuring, acquisitions, disposals and capital and profit repatriation.
- liaising with tax compliance and tax reporting to ensure new products are captured in internal tax reporting and external tax returns.
- liaising with Group Tax and Finance regionally and globally (including head office in Sydney) and external advisors.
- ability to interact effectively with different levels of staff across the Financial Management Group and wider business.
- commercially minded with a good knowledge and experience of financial services taxation
- a high degree of accuracy, with a process improvement focus
- strong communication skills, with a strong team player mindset
- ambition with a high level of energy and commitment
- ability to work well under pressure.
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Robert Walters