Senior Tax Compliance Manager (FTC 12 months +) FS
Salary £70,000 - £80,000 per annum
Location City of LondonCONTRACTOR
Consultant Mo Hanslod
Date posted 05 September 20192019-09-06 2019-10-05 accountancy City of London London GB GBP 70000 80000 80000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The role holder is responsible for corporation tax compliance and financial reporting obligations for all UK entities within this multi nation FS group based City of London. This includes (but is not limited to) management of group relief and tax settlement processes, ensuring appropriate claims and elections are made, instructing tax payments, and managing the group-wide expense analysis processes.
The role holder will work closely with other members of the tax team to achieve these objectives, including through supervising two junior tax managers. The role holder will additionally provide support to the Head of Tax Operations and Chief Tax Officer on other business and compliance initiatives as required.
- With support from junior tax managers, responsibility for the completion of the corporation tax returns (using ONESOURCE software) plus submission of relevant claims and elections for all UK entities in the group, excluding the insurance entities and entities within the Legal & General Capital division.
- Support on the year-end and quarterly financial reporting for all UK entities, liaising closely with the local finance teams. Responsibility for the completion of the statutory entity tax disclosures for relevant UK companies.
- Responsibility for operating the Group Payment Arrangement, quarterly payment on account process and group relief settlement process.
- Resolution of technical compliance matters for UK entities, including technical analysis, drafting internal documentation and correspondence, and liaison with internal and external stakeholders including HMRC.
- Supervision of two junior tax managers on UK compliance and reporting matters.
- Support other members of the tax team with ad hoc queries, projects and transactions.
- Qualified Accountant with sufficient experience of financial accounting to maintain up-to-date professional knowledge.
- Member or fellow of the Chartered Institute of Taxation or with sufficient tax experience to maintain up-to-date professional knowledge.
- Statutory and regulatory legislation
- Knowledge of UK Taxes Acts covering corporation tax, income tax, VAT, IPT, NIC and stamp duty to the extent that they apply to the companies in the group for which tax responsibility held.
- Previous experience of tax in the financial services sector would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the tax aspects of IFRS.
- Up to date working knowledge or prepared to acquire it of all proposed current financial developments and their potential impact, including International Accounting Standards.
- Understanding of the key concepts which drive regulation within our markets.
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Robert Walters.