Consultant Lynley Hall
Date posted 02 September 20192019-09-02 2019-11-01 property-and-housing London London GB GBP 90000 110000 110000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A multinational property organisation are searching for a Tax Director to join their rapidly expanding operations due to significant growth across their investment and development portfolios. Operating in over 10 countries, this role will report into the CFO and have full ownership for tax strategy, compliance and be a true business partner. A fantastic role that can be done flexibly this role is interesting, with a breadth of complex international tax issues.
• Proven technical experience and responsibility for a range of domestic and cross border tax issues, WIP control, structuring initiatives and tax efficient financing.
• Demonstrable experience of managing offshore real estate tax efficient structures in Luxembourg and Amsterdam.
• Advising on tax compliance for all legal entities including corporate tax, income taxes, VAT, stamp, property taxes and transfer pricing documentation requirements.
• Recommending strategies for effective tax rate using efficient intellectual property, financing and other strategies.
• Assisting the CFO and finance team on tax planning and the development and implementation of tax policies, procedures and internal controls.
• Performing tax risk assessments for all current and future investments and developments.
• Providing inputs into quarterly and annual Board packs and reports as required.
• Supporting the CFO and Finance Director with ad hoc tax reporting as required.
Build effective and reliable relationships with key stakeholders (internal and external) including colleagues in the UK, Europe and Singapore and external audit partners.
• Communication of deliverables and requirements.
• Ensure requests from stakeholders are accurately completed to the agreed standards and deadlines.
• Managing the tax audits.
• Developing and maintaining relationships with the tax authorities and external advisors as appropriate.
• The role can be done flexibly.
• Sound tax background and experience working in the commercial and development property sector.
• Working knowledge of the UK corporate tax legislation, WIP controls and VAT issues.
• Alignment to cultural values: Collaborative, Respectful, Progressive and Real.
• Collaborative leader with a strong sense of accountability to see projects through to completion.
• Language skills such as German, Austrian or Dutch considered an advantage.
• Commercial and market awareness with specific regard to real estate trends, technology innovation and suitability to compliance obligations (e.g. GDPR).
• Excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships with key stakeholders (internal & external).
• Sleeves rolled up approach. Into details whilst understanding the big picture.
• Comfortable working with ambiguity: supporting to introduction of best practice systems and process over time from scratch.