Tax Manager – 14 months FTC – Media Co
Salary £70,000 - £80,000 per annum
Consultant Mo Hanslod
Date posted 02 September 20192019-09-06 2019-10-02 accountancy London London GB GBP 70000 80000 80000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the in-house tax team of a media company on a fixed term contract basis to cover a period of Paternity and Maternity leave. This Company is part of a large vibrant Group of companies with a US Fortune 500 parent company.
- Preparation of CT600 and supporting calculations for submission to HMRC of c.20 Group companies
- Preparation and review of statutory accounts provision including 2 tax consolidations for groups with multiple companies including JV’s and non-UK entities.
- Review of tax computations and accounts provision for several Group companies where tax is outsourced (including Irish and German subsidiaries)
- Quarterly Group tax reporting to US head office including UK to US GAAP adjustments.
- Calculation of UK QIPs and balancing payments (reminders for German tax payments and calculation of Irish payments)
- Liaison with Auditors and HMRC on various tax queries and enquiries.
- Ad hoc research on various tax matters (corporate, international, VAT).
- Monthly review of tax information and communication with management accountants
- Monthly review of tax accounts and completion of SOX checklist.
- Maintain permanent file and standing data for Group companies and review on regular basis.
- Ensure compliance with Senior Accounting Officer obligations by collating quarterly risk analysis review from business units and Group FD’s to support the certification process.
- Monitoring of Interest and Debt restrictions on quarterly basis and detailed calculation for submission to HMRC.
- Preparation of annual budget tax figures for current and deferred tax including estimated tax payments for budget cash flow.
- Supporting the Tax Director with Ad Hoc projects
- CTA and/or ACA qualification
- 3-5 years post qualified working in Corporate Tax with previous in house tax experience
- Experienced user of Alpha Tax
- Good Excel skills
- Experience of running reports using financial systems such as Oracle and BPC
- Experience of US GAAP reporting would be advantageous
- Time management skills and a ‘can do’ attitude essential
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Robert Walters