Tax Analyst – Global Brand – 12 months FTC
Salary £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
Consultant Mo Hanslod
Date posted 02 September 20192019-09-06 2019-10-02 accountancy Crawley West Sussex GB GBP 45000 50000 50000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Are you newly qualified in ACCA / ATT or equivalent? Are you interested in furthering your career in Tax? This role would be ideal for someone looking for their first industry role, who is interested in gaining knowledge in a wide variety of taxes from a team of friendly and experienced professionals.
In this role, you will be a key contributor in managing tax compliance and minimising risks to ensure the group’s many tax and governance obligations (UK and overseas) are met, whilst also supporting the wider business on ad-hoc projects that need tax input.
You'll be part of the in-house tax team which currently consists of nine people, where you will provide support across a range of taxes including corporate, indirect and employment taxes. The in-house tax team work very closely with all areas of the business and a key part of being successful in this role will be the ability to work well with others who are not tax specialists and to be able to explain clearly why certain information is needed in a way that encourages our colleagues in other departments to engage with us.
- Preparation and submission of the worldwide group VAT/GST returns.
- Taking ownership for the preparation of passenger and ticket tax returns in order to deliver complete and accurate returns and supporting documentation for manager review. Responsibilities will include arranging tax payments and liaising with tax authorities as required.
- Preparation of the group’s employment tax returns including P11Ds and PSAs.
- Ad-hoc support in the completion of a variety of corporate income tax returns covering approximately 12 UK companies and a number of overseas branches.
- Assisting with the ongoing maintenance of the tax control framework.
- Assisting on corporate tax projects such as R&D, transfer pricing and permanent establishment reviews.
- Provision of technical support and research for a broad spectrum of advisory projects across all taxes.
- Assisting with the coaching of two tax assistants, helping them to develop their skills and knowledge.
- Liaise closely with colleagues in other departments such as Accounting, Human Resources, Revenue Accounts and Reward to obtain information when needed.
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Robert Walters