Direct Tax Advisor
Salary £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
Consultant James Coxhill
Date posted 13 August 20192019-08-13 2019-09-12 accountancy Leicester Leicestershire GB LE19 0LF GBP 30000 40000 40000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Direct Tax Advisor - Financial Services Company - Leicester - £30k-£40k plus bonus and benefits
Robert Walters are hiring for a Direct Tax Advisor for a leading financial services organisation based near to Leicester. This is a 12-month fixed-term contract with the potential to be extended or made permanent.
Working as part of a high-quality in-house tax team, the Direct Tax Advisory will work closely with the Direct Tax Manager and Head of Tax on a range of corporate tax and direct tax work.
Key accountabilities include:
- Responsibility for both the preparation of annual corporation tax returns for a portfolio of group companies and dealing with associated correspondence with UK tax authorities
- Responsibility for the preparation of numbers required for tax forecasting and payments on account
- Responsibility for the preparation of the numbers required for the corporation tax reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and for preparation and reporting of ETR forecasts
- Responsibility for ensuring, through monthly reconciliations, the integrity of the corporation tax numbers within the financial records
- Advising the business and assisting the Head of Tax on projects as required
The company are an instantly recognizable financial services company who are well-known for providing excellent training and development and for being a fantastic business to work for.
They are looking for someone with some prior UK corporation tax knowledge of experience –
Ideally you will have working in a role with a corporate tax element, either in practice or in industry. But perhaps you might just have knowledge from your studies and know that tax is an area you would be keen to develop experience in.
Experience across all the responsibilities in the role is not required – More important is a drive to learn and develop, as there will be training in the role by the Direct Tax Manager and Head of Tax.
The role is being hired initially as a 12-month fixed-term contract, with the potential of being extended or made permanent – As a result, candidates need to be immediately available or available on short notice and live within commuting distance of Leicester.
Salary is likely to be in the region of £30,000-£40,000 plus benefits package, dependent on the level of your relevant experience and knowledge.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone living in the local area who wants to learn move about taxation and who wants to build a tax career in industry with a blue-chip business – So if this sounds like you then apply now to find and more and so that you can decided if you would like to be considered for interview.