Group Tax Accountant
Salary £55,000 - £70,000 per annum
Consultant James Coxhill
Date posted 12 July 20192019-07-12 2019-09-10 retail Hatfield Hertfordshire GB GBP 55000 70000 70000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A fantastic in-house tax position with a blue-chip business in Hertfordshire, offering a really interesting mix of tax work
Robert Walters are hiring for a Group Tax Accountant for a leading blue-chip retail company based in Hatfield.
The Group Tax Accountant will report to the Financial Controller and will be responsible for the tax affairs of the business both for the UK and Internationally.
Though biased towards Corporate Tax work and Transfer Pricing, the role-holder will also get involved in indirect taxes and employment taxes as well.
The role is a really interesting mix, combining advisory/strategy work, and reporting/compliance, as well as tax project work.
- Assisting in the formulation of tax policies for the Group, both UK and International
- SAO Compliance (Monitoring and reviewing the risk registers and presenting to senior management)
- Reviewing legislation changes and writing technical notes on the impacts from a Group perspective
- Assisting in setting up new processes and controls, mainly focused around international
- Support the timely and accurate filing of the tax returns for all UK companies in close co-operation with the Group’s tax advisors
- Responsibility for meeting UK compliance deadlines, for example in country-by-country reporting and Corporate Interest
- Ownership and responsible for pulling together the tax provision notes for the year end audited group accounts
- Lead and manage the contact with and providing assistance to the Group’s auditors
- Liaising with HMRC on outstanding queries such as changing prior year CT returns for ECA claims
- Writing internal training courses for AP/AR on how to read invoices and code them correctly into the systems
- Reviewing and updating the transfer pricing documentation in line with BEPS and rewriting/updating
- Liaising with HR team in matters of global mobility
- Providing support to supply chain teams to provide Customs and Excise support
- Liasing with external advisors to ensure all oversees compliance obligations are met, both in direct and indirect taxes.
- Supporting the commercial departments around the Group
- Support and own aspects of internationalisation of global tax structures and efficiencies
The company is looking to speak with tax specialists who hold either a professional tax or accountancy qualification ( CTA / ACA / ICAS / ACCA). Experieince in corporate taxes is a must; experience across indirect tax or employment tax would be beneficial but is not necessary.
They are open to considering candidates who are either recently qualified, right up to those with many years post-qualification experience; They are also happy to consider candidates with a background either in practice or in industry.
The client is a leading blue-chip retail company based near to Hatfield, with a fantastic reputation as an employer.
The position comes with a salary in the region of £55,000 - £70,000 plus a fantastic benefits package.