Group Tax Manager
Salary £45,000 - £65,000 per annum + 25% bonus
Location Milton KeynesFULL_TIME
Consultant James Coxhill
Date posted 12 July 20192019-07-12 2019-09-10 manufacturing-and-production Milton Keynes Buckinghamshire GB MK9 1AU GBP 45000 65000 65000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Group Tax Manager - Milton Keynes - Circa £50k-£60k + 25% bonus
Robert Walters are hiring for a Group Tax Manager for a leading international company based in Central Milton Keynes. This is a newly-created permanent, full-time position.
The Group Tax Manager will work in a tax team of 5 who collectively are responsible for the group’s tax affairs globally. The Group Tax Manager will primarily focus on corporate tax reporting but will also get involved in advisory/project work, corporate tax compliance, international tax and transfer pricing.
- Assisting the International Tax Senior Manager in the preparation of group tax disclosures and associated workstreams. This will cover the calculation of uncertain tax provisions, management of the group’s finance teams to ensure the timely submission of local tax reporting across c.30 countries, the consolidation of tax reporting, liaising with external auditors and preparation of tax audit committee papers.
- Assisting with the preparation of group effective tax rate and cash flow forecasts.
- Developing ways to improve the efficiency and accuracy of tax reporting.
- Working closely with finance managers across the group to provide continuing education on current and deferred tax reporting under IFRS.
- Shared preparation of the UK statutory accounts disclosures.
- Shared preparation of the UK tax returns and associated filings, such as CT61, group payment arrangements, applicable claims and elections (e.g. R&D, Claim Allowances).
- Management of the global outsourcing arrangement for corporate income taxes, taking the lead in identifying risks and opportunities.
- Assist with dealing with HMRC in all matters such as risk assessment, correspondence and enquires as required.
- Assist the International Tax Senior Manager with the preparation of country by country reporting, master and local files.
- Assist on acquisitions, disposals and business restructuring as required.
- Monitoring global tax developments to identify risks and opportunities and propose actions in a proactive manner.
The company are looking for someone with good UK corporate tax experience, gained either in practice or in industry. The successful candidate is likely to hold either an accounting or tax qualification (ACA / ACCA / ICAS / CTA.)
Experience in corporate tax reporting under IFRS is preferred; However the company is willing to consider individuals who don’t have experience on every area of the job description as there will be training in the role and they want this person to be learning and developing in this position.
The role comes with a salary of circa £45k-£60k, dependent on whether you are recently qualified or if you have lots of post-qualified experience.
On top of the salary is a 25% bonus, private healthcare, 5% pension contributions and other assorted benefits.