Regional Tax Manager EMEA
Consultant Nick Hughes
Date posted 04 July 20192019-07-04 2019-09-02 travel-and-tourism London London GB GBP 65000 80000 80000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Reporting into the Head of Tax, the Regional Tax Manager EMEA sits within the Group Tax Team in our client's head office in Kings Cross. You will be part of a commercially-minded Tax team alongside Finance responsible for a broad range of tax issues covering the EMEA region. You will support operations across region with responsibilities for in-house tax compliance for the UK and oversee tax advisers in other countries, helping to ensure our client's tax affairs are efficient and transparently compliant. Operating at the heart of finance and technology, and part of the Finablr network of brands, our client is invested in the future of FX, cross-border e-commerce and international payments. What will you be doing in this role? * Provision of tax advice to the Business, through research and liaising with external advisers. * Identification, development and implementation of systems and procedures for tax risk management for the region. * Preparation and review of Income Tax returns, VAT returns, PSA, International Taxes and transfer pricing documentation. * Preparation and review of Tax Accounting calculations for Group financial reporting purposes on a quarterly basis. * Liaising with financial and operational staff regarding data collection and analysis. * Supervision and development of the Tax Accountant.
To set you up for success we are looking for:
- Chartered Accountant (ACA or equivalent) or Qualified Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) with both strong accounting and tax skills.
- At least 5+ years’ experience in a multinational corporate tax department.
- An excellent understanding of tax reporting systems and processes.
- Ability to business partner with a wide range of stakeholders internally and externally.
- Effective in communicating with colleagues across the group and with third party advisers.
- Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail and diligent approach.
- Inquisitive with ability to challenge the status quo.
- Works proactively within a team environment.
Our client is obsessively customer focused and its ambition is to keep the business at the cutting edge in money transfer, foreign exchange and payment solutions. Our client's commitment to innovation has never been greater, with the development of a number of digital-first, greenfield products and services.Customer centricity and digital are at the heart of our business strategy. And with our client's resources, deep industry experience and leading brand.