Salary £50,000 - £65,000 per annum
Consultant James Coxhill
Date posted 13 June 20192019-06-13 2019-08-12 telecommunications Cambridge Cambridgeshire GB GBP 50000 65000 65000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Tax Accountant - Telecommunications - Cambridge - £50k-£65k + benefits package
Robert Walters are hiring for a Tax Accountant for a leading telecommunications company based in Cambridge. This is a newly-created permanent role.
Reporting into the Tax Manager and working closely with the Finance Manager, the Tax Accountant will be responsible for a varied mixed tax role, predominantly looking at the tax affairs of the UK business but also supporting their operations globally.
The role include work on corporate tax, VAT and Indirect Tax, PAYE and Employment Tax, and RDEC. As such this is a great opportunity for someone with either direct tax or indirect tax experience who wants to move to a broader role in industry in order to gain new skills and experience.
- Support Tax Manager with tax-related matters and the Finance Manager with statutory finance reporting and sundry finance matters.
- Assisting the Tax Manager with external tax reporting including input to the preparation of the company’s RDEC claim, corporation tax return, PAYE Settlement Agreement, Short Term Business Visitor Reporting and VAT returns
- Assisting Tax Manager with internal reporting as required
- Assisting with local compliance for auditing and tax as required by the Tax and Finance Managers.
- Monthly financial report analysis
- Assisting with special projects and ad-hoc financial tasks as required by the Tax and Finance Managers,
The ideal candidate will have both direct and indirect tax experience, but the company is looking to speak with candidates with either direct tax or indirect tax experience who are happy to be trained and pick up work in the other area.
Ideally you will be qualified (ACA / ACCA / ICAS / CTA) but candidates who are part-qualified or qualified by experience will also be considered.
The role comes with a salary in the region of £50,000 to £65,000 plus a great benefits package including potential bonus, private medical insurance, pension contributions etc