Consultant Lynley Hall
Date posted 24 December 2018 2018-12-242019-02-22 fmcg London London GB GBP 50000 60000 60000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Reporting into the Head of Tax, this is a great opportunity to join an international organisation that is highly acquisitive. The main focus of the role will be supporting all corporate tax compliance requirements for the UK group (including iXBRL), ensuring the tax compliance and submission processes for all UK corporation tax returns operate efficiently and within deadlines.
- Manage the tax return completion process (31st December year/end) for the UK Group. This includes finalisation of the CT600s, preparing the Controlled Foreign Companies (CFC) Return and the Country by Country Report and completion of quarterly formalities relating to withholding tax.
- Work with the UK and Group finance teams to ensure efficient completion of all tax computations.
Liaise with external providers to ensure that all tax computations etc are tagged for iXBRL.
- Manage Senior Accounting Officer process, ensuring full compliance to provide assurance and documentation to the satisfaction of SAOs (including reporting to Group CFO)
- Prepare interim and year-end tax reporting packs (using Thomson Reuters GAM) for the UK Group.
- Consolidate interim and year-end tax reporting packs for all other countries in the Group and work with country finance teams to resolve any problems.
- Work with the Group Tax Manager to ensure audit sign off for current and deferred tax figures, notes and disclosures in UK statutory accounts, ensuring appropriate records are collated and maintained to support the tax provisions.
- Ensure that a control environment is in place to meet the Group’s obligations arising from all applicable financial regulations concerning its tax provisions and accounting disclosures, especially Sarbanes Oxley S404 and international Accounting Standards and Financial Reporting Standards.
- Payroll tax-related activities.
- Oversee calculation of transfer pricing adjustments required to maintain operating model on a quarterly basis. This will involve regular liaising with country finance teams across Europe.
- Provide advice with tax planning such as R & D claims and requirements of developing legislation.
Manage quarterly forecasting process (P/L & cash tax)
- Continually look to improve systems and processes to increase efficiency and mitigate risks.
• Experience of preparing, finalising and submitting corporate tax returns and tax reporting.
• Customer focus
• Functional technical skills
• Ability to manage multiple deadlines
• Collaboration & teamwork
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Tax and/ or accounting qualification (ACA and/or CTA)
Please apply via the link below.