UK Tax Accountant/Manager
Consultant Lynley Hall
Date posted 23 November 2018 2018-11-232019-01-22 leisure-and-sport UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
This is a great opportunity for a first inhouse role within the finance function at a global restaurant group. Reporting into the Finance Director, the role will take responsibility for all tax reporting matters. This role will be based in Uxbridge and Central London.
- To develop and maintain relationship with HMRC and external tax advisors, and other stakeholders inside and outside organisation.
- Provide general tax advice including, accounting, restructuring and international issues.
- To keep up to date with technical legislation, attend any training/courses/conferences/webinars etc
- Tax Computations for PE entities & Ixbrl Stats
- Make any Quarterly Instalment Payments for UK and Irish Payments on account for Corporation Tax
- Prepare UK, Irish and Jersey VAT/GST Returns on quarterly/bi-monthly basis
- Arrange for VAT Monthly payments on account for UK, and Balancing payments for all VAT Returns
- Manage Corporation Tax cash model
- Liaise with HMRC as required for the Franchise /Overseas Operations
- Reconciliation of the tax accounts in the General Ledger
- To develop effective and efficient tax processes and controls, with appropriate process documentation.
- Implementation of any new tax legislation/processes
- Ideally ACCA, ACA or similar qualification
- CTA qualification
- Solid technical tax experience and knowledge of legislation
- Experience with integrated ERP and financial reporting systems
- Experienced with Microsoft Office tools
- Good organisation and time management skills in order to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, and willingness to liaise with different departments across the business
- Experience of working with external advisors
This is a great role, please apply via the below.