Senior Tax Reporting Manager
Salary £90,000 - £115,000 per annum
Location City of LondonFULL_TIME
Consultant Nick Hughes
Date posted 15 November 2018 2018-11-152019-01-13 banking UK Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
This global bank, based in the city are looking for a Senior Direct Tax Manager to manage the Direct Tax Compliance process for the EMEA region including tax return process management, technical review of tax calculations and analysis and delivery for income tax and withholding.
- Responsible for all international tax compliance and reporting (including, but not limited to, UK, Germany, Italy, Ireland, Luxembourg and South Africa).
- Maintaining relationship with HMRC and overseas tax authorities. Includes regular meetings, and experience dealing with both informal enquiries and formal audits.
- Be responsible for managing the timely delivery of tax provisions and tax notes disclosed in statutory reports under IFRS and local GAAP of the UK and European entities.
- Compliance with transfer pricing requirements across the group. Includes liaising with external advisors and the business, review and update of documentation, covering Diverted Profits Tax risk, and assessing proposed intra-group arrangements.
- Monitoring and advising on changes in both UK and overseas tax legislation (assessing the impact of US tax reform and implementing Country-by-Country Reporting).
- Impact assessment of new tax legislation, guidance and practices and effective management of systems, cost and control matters arising from changes in the tax environment.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong UK and EMEA corporation tax experience
- Detailed and practical in-house tax reporting knowledge a must
- Track record of successful tax risk management.
- Track record of successfully managing other staff and working as an effective team member.
- Qualified ACA or CTA with at least 6 year's post qualification experience.
- Previous experience in financial services.
- Strong knowledge of banking products and financial markets.
- Specialist UK tax experience in bank levy, bank surcharge, corporate debt, chargeable gains, transfer pricing, controlled foreign companies, double tax relief, tax treaties, operational taxes, withholding taxes, and diverted profits tax.