Consultant Christopher Lloyd
Date posted 29 October 2018 2018-10-292018-12-28 consultancy UK
This well established international organisation in Liverpool are looking for an experienced Tax Manager or Tax Accountant on a full-time of part- time basis to join the organisation in an interesting and challenging Tax role to ensure compliance with the UK taxation system and develop the Finance Functions understanding of the Group’s worldwide taxation position with scope to control & influence Group’s worldwide strategy.
- Manage the Corporation tax of the UK companies, including the preparation of tax packs and liaison with the UK Companies tax advisors.
- Ensure compliance with the Group’s transfer pricing policy
- Manage the import / export affairs of the UK in relation to taxation
- Assist the Group Finance and UK FC with HMRC enquiries
- Understand the UK’s VAT position and assist the management accounts team to ensure compliance
- Check and advise on the UK Companies PAYE liabilities. Work in conjunction with the Payroll and Pensions administrator.
- Build an understanding of the Profit Tax liabilities worldwide.
- Examine the withholding tax paid within the Group
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Preferably qualified Accountant with a strong understanding of Tax, ideally with experience at a Tax Manager level
- Ideally Qualified CIMA / ACA / ACCA (or equivalent)
- Tax qualification (CTA/ ATT or equivalent) would be a distinct advantage
- Ability to work under pressure, ensuring compliance with deadlines, establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with department staff
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Ability to take responsibility for resolving issues
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to plan, manage and prioritise workload to ensure all key deadlines are met
- Good communication skills and a proven change management track record demonstrating the ability to interact with, influence and support people at varying levels within the Group.
- Possess excellent IT skills with a very good understanding of the UK taxation system and a working knowledge of international tax.
- Motivated with a thirst for learning, a desire to succeed and have experience of working in a high pressure dynamic environment
This is an exciting position for Liverpool based Tax Manager looking for the opportunity to develop their career in a business that can offer genuine strategic insight into a global organisation. This role is perfectly suited for a Tax Manager / Tax Accountant working within Practice that is looking for their first challenging role in industry or anyone with corporate tax experience within an industry setting. Also, with the role being newly created there is also a strong possibility of part-time or flexible working hours.