Salary £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant Christopher Lloyd
Date posted 08 October 2018 2018-10-082018-11-18 consultancy UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
This well established international organisation in Liverpool are looking for an experienced Tax Accountant to join the organisation in an interesting and challenging role to ensure compliance with the UK taxation system and develop the Finance Functions understanding of the Group’s worldwide taxation position with scope to control & influence Group’s worldwide strategy.
- Manage the Corporation tax of the UK companies, including the preparation of tax packs and liaison with the UK Companies tax advisors.
- Ensure compliance with the Group’s transfer pricing policy
- Manage the import / export affairs of the UK in relation to taxation
- Assist the Group Finance and UK FC with HMRC enquiries
- Understand the UK’s VAT position and assist the management accounts team to ensure compliance
- Check and advise on the UK Companies PAYE liabilities. Work in conjunction with the Payroll and Pensions administrator.
- Build an understanding of the Profit Tax liabilities worldwide.
- Examine the withholding tax paid within the Group
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Preferably qualified CIMA / ACA / ACCA / CTA (or equivalent) - qualified by experience will be considered
- Ability to work under pressure, ensuring compliance with deadlines, establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with department staff
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Ability to take responsibility for resolving issues
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to plan, manage and prioritise workload to ensure all key deadlines are met
- Good communication skills and a proven change management track record demonstrating the ability to interact with, influence and support people at varying levels within the Group.
- Possess excellent IT skills with a very good understanding of the UK taxation system and a working knowledge of international tax.
- Motivated with a thirst for learning, a desire to succeed and have experience of working in a high pressure dynamic environment
This is an exciting position for any Tax Accountant looking for the opportunity to develop their career in a business that can offer genuine strategic insight in a global organisation. This rolem is perfectly suited for a Tax Manager/ Tax Accountant working within Practice that is looking for their first challenging role in industry.