Tax Manager - Financial Services
Salary £50,000 - £65,000 per annum
Consultant Nick Hughes
Date posted 11 September 2018 2018-09-112018-11-10 banking UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
This global bank based in London, are looking for a Assistant Tax Manager or Tax Manager to join their Corporation Tax team, which is responsible for corporation tax planning, forecasting, reporting, compliance, and risk management. Within the team there is an interesting and constantly changing mix of work. Time is spent on both business as usual activities and a variety of ad hoc projects, opportunities identified or the implementation of new tax, and regulations.
- Review and sign off of corporation tax returns of a portfolio of UK tax resident entities, prepared by an outsourced service provider, ensuring that these have been prepared in line with agreed policies.
- Supporting the preparation of the annual corporation tax return for the Bank, which is prepared by the Corporation Tax team.
- Supporting more senior members of the team with technical analysis and calculations in relation to a variety of technical areas, such as share based payments, pensions, fixed assets, capital gains, controlled foreign companies and group relief.
- Assisting with analysis relating to developments in UK tax legislation, to ensure the impact on the group is fully understood.
Tax forecasting and reporting
- Assistance with corporation tax forecasting processes.
- Assistance with corporation tax stress testing processes, which are performed in response to Bank of England, European Banking Association and internal stress testing requirements.
- Assistance with corporation tax reporting processes, including current tax, deferred tax and effective tax rate calculations at both individual entity and consolidated group levels.
- Posting quarterly tax journals for both complex and non-complex entities for review at a more senior level. This involves gathering the relevant data from Finance teams, performing tax computations and posting the relevant current tax and deferred tax journals into reporting systems.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Dealings are mainly with colleagues in UK Tax (across all specialisms including transfer pricing, employments taxes, VAT etc) and Finance.
- Dealings with and management of outsourced service providers to ensure relevant deadlines are met.
- Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Tax technical skills are required to assess the correct tax treatment of various issues
- ACA/ CTA qualified