Head of Tax
Salary £100,000 - £120,000 per annum
Consultant Jonny Morton
Date posted 07 August 2018 2018-08-072018-10-05 banking UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
We have some really exciting challenges coming up for our Tax Head: we are looking to expand internationally, launch lending products and build out a marketplace. You’ll work on scaling the business while helping us optimise our financial reporting processes with the help of technology.
This isn’t banking as you know it — we are fast, agile and are focused on making money work for everyone. Up to now, we have 350+ staff, close to a million lovely customers and a UK banking licence. We’ve done this with a small, talented team, but we’re growing...fast. Our mission over the next 18 months is to build a profitable, sustainable business.
You’ll build our tax compliance and control infrastructure:
• Ensuring we correctly report on all relevant corporate taxes (direct and indirect, staff and customer-related)
• Advising the CFO and the Board on the tax implications of all new business developments
• Working alongside professional advisors on the costs and benefits of tax mitigation possibilities
• Making sure tax consequences on transfer pricing are well understood and managed by the wider business.
You’ll ensure our finance processes relating to tax are accurate, complete and efficient, by:
• Working closely with the finance team and acting as a business partner in relation to tax process and system improvements, automation and compliance
• Driving efficiency and compliance in our invoicing and contract processes for the wider business
• Drive negotiations with HMRC on finalising a proposal for and agreeing a VAT partial exemption special method
• Establishing the right processes and controls, with advisors and members of the wider team to extract data for an R&D claim.
Finally, you’ll help us expand internationally:
• Advising with the help of international tax specialist on all tax aspects of business expansion, reorganisation and cross-border transactions involving multiple jurisdictions
• Managing our tax compliance and reporting globally, by bringing certain elements in-house (e.g. registrations, preparation of and submission of returns).
• Reporting and acting on relevant international legislative changes. You’ll collaborate with the relevant teams to implement the necessary changes to our systems and processes.
• You’ll join the Finance team and report to the CFO.
You should apply if:
• You are a qualified accountant ACA, CTA, or ACCA probably at manager or senior manager level.
• You are a tax specialist: you have extensive experience working in a tax department, (ideally in an accounting or legal firm) or within a fast-growing company
• You thrive in a dynamic and constantly evolving environment
• You’re energetic and are hands-on with your work, tackling whatever needs doing to make things happen